Sydney weather this morning!!!

User avatar
DaveQB
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 pm
Location: Campbelltown, NSW
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby DaveQB » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:53 am

Boognoss wrote:A touch wet yesterday arvo ;)


Cool video. So many cycle paths, that's great!
How many k's? 30?
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt
Veloviewer

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Hergest » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:41 pm

Today's weather, at least at 8-30 this morning was stunning. Warm and humid but very pleasant indeed. Not bad views on the city loop ride either.

Image
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

User avatar
Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Castle Hill, NSW
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Boognoss » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:30 pm

DaveQB wrote:
Boognoss wrote:A touch wet yesterday arvo ;)


Cool video. So many cycle paths, that's great!
How many k's? 30?


Not quite, just under 23km. Plenty of good paths and a few dodgy bits (extremely narrow footpath).
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

User avatar
DaveQB
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 pm
Location: Campbelltown, NSW
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby DaveQB » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Yeah I saw that narrow path. Crazy narrow.
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt
Veloviewer

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:43 pm

Does this crappy weather stop? Humid, hot, rain at any moment... storms... :(

User avatar
Xplora
Posts: 8272
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am
Location: TL;DR

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Xplora » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:00 am

Up at 450am, moist roads... All good
....then the 10 minutes of rain. Back to bed.

39x25
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby 39x25 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Up at 4.30am moist roads.. 3 gorges.. No rain.. Not too hot not too cold... Beautiful morning.

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm

Xplora wrote:Up at 450am, moist roads... All good
....then the 10 minutes of rain. Back to bed.


It wasn't too bad. I got 80km done without getting rained on. :) Even the bike isn't too dirty.

It was very humid though. I don't really like that. At least the 7:15am start was civilised.

User avatar
trailgumby
Posts: 12871
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:55 pm

Indeed very humid. I had a late start due to a need to catch up on sleep after a few late nights last week. Got home around 1pm, 36 degrees for much of the ride according to the Garmin.

Didn't take enough food or water, had to make a shopping stop at the servo at Neutral Bay. Powerade - gah!

User avatar
queequeg
Posts: 4816
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby queequeg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:42 pm

opted out of the early ride late last night in favour of sleep, but went for a ride into the city to see what was happening on the harbour for Australia Day.
Saw the F/A-18 display and then headed home, and despite the headwind and the average feeling legs I set a PR On the last 1.5km of the M2 up to pennant hills Rd, but didn't find out till I got home that someone knocked the KOM off yesterday after the previous holder had it for a few years, so now I am still 4 seconds off the KOM [emoji22]
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

User avatar
trailgumby
Posts: 12871
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:18 pm

queequeg wrote:opted out of the early ride late last night in favour of sleep, but went for a ride into the city to see what was happening on the harbour for Australia Day.
Saw the F/A-18 display and then headed home, and despite the headwind and the average feeling legs I set a PR On the last 1.5km of the M2 up to pennant hills Rd, but didn't find out till I got home that someone knocked the KOM off yesterday after the previous holder had it for a few years, so now I am still 4 seconds off the KOM [emoji22]


Weren't they loud! Even flying past at slow speed. :D

User avatar
queequeg
Posts: 4816
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 am

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby queequeg » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 pm

trailgumby wrote:
Weren't they loud! Even flying past at slow speed. :D


They sure were!

I had also just come from Lane Cove, where ex-RAAF commander Matt Hall, and now Red Bull Air Race pilot was the ambassador for Lane Cove Council.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '15 Cervelo S5

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 am

queequeg wrote:
trailgumby wrote:
Weren't they loud! Even flying past at slow speed. :D


They sure were!

I had also just come from Lane Cove, where ex-RAAF commander Matt Hall, and now Red Bull Air Race pilot was the ambassador for Lane Cove Council.



If they were F-18F models, they would have been loud! Those are some of the loudest planes I've heard, F16 being another one.

The weather this morning is far more pleasant. A bit drier, makes a huge difference. :)

User avatar
Addictr3
Posts: 714
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:26 pm
Location: Manly, Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Addictr3 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 pm

ride this morning was strange, some bit of west head were great, the top half was wet as F.. but coming back was fun, nice northerly winds :)
If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

User avatar
trailgumby
Posts: 12871
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby trailgumby » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:23 pm

A massive thunderstorm has just rolled thru Sydney's Northern Beaches with winds of up to 100km/hr and is making its way south.

My lawn is white from hail, some of which is the size of golf balls. Our insect screens are shredded, as are most of our trees, and I was seriously fearing smashed windows.

Bizarrely, the sky is now blue overhead.

I hope nobody was caught out in that on their bike.

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:34 pm

trailgumby wrote:A massive thunderstorm has just rolled thru Sydney's Northern Beaches with winds of up to 100km/hr and is making its way south.

My lawn is white from hail, some of which is the size of golf balls. Our insect screens are shredded, as are most of our trees, and I was seriously fearing smashed windows.

Bizarrely, the sky is now blue overhead.

I hope nobody was caught out in that on their bike.



We had high winds and incredible rain but little if any hail. The rain was amazing, never have I seen it so heavy. :shock:

Down near the end of the Prospect canal path (towards Guildford end) there is an entire gum tree down across the path, I presume from yesterday's storm.

I didn't trust the weather today so did 4x15min on a trainer indoors this morning. That was enough.

User avatar
find_bruce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7016
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby find_bruce » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:11 am

Very glad I wasn't isabella24 out in the storm yesterday. Just rain for us but heavy

User avatar
trailgumby
Posts: 12871
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby trailgumby » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:40 am

Went for a spin with the Tour X Oz group again this morning. First time down Bobbin Head and Galston Gorge. Dunno what I was afraid of! :lol:

Anyway, lots of debris scattered around this morning after last night. The shoulder along Wakehurst Parkway was a minefield - unusable. Fortunately very few cars.

There was groundwater flowing across the road on most of the Bobbin Head and Galston switchbacks; very skatey. One guy looked like he had gone down on one of the Bobbo hairpins in one of those sheets of water and was sporting abrasions and bruising around his eye, looking a bit dazed. Fortunately one of his group signalled us to slow down and he looked like he was being looked after.

Apart from that, it was a lovely day for a ride! 8) Right now I could do with a snooze but I have lawns to mow and debris to clean up.

Hergest
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:05 pm
Location: Guildford West, NSW

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Hergest » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:00 pm

Yep, beautiful morning today with much lower humidity than recent days. Lots of debris and standing water on the paths out here in Western Sydney and up to Windsor, the next storm might wash it all away :roll:
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Image

User avatar
recumbenteer
Posts: 514
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Fairfield 2165
Contact:

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby recumbenteer » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:26 pm

Hergest wrote:Yep, beautiful morning today with much lower humidity than recent days. Lots of debris and standing water on the paths out here in Western Sydney and up to Windsor, the next storm might wash it all away :roll:

Lower humidity????


.....Maybe I need to open the windows on my bathtub. ....
http://rvvelonaut.blogspot.com.au/
Speedwell GTS Deluxe
Bates Royal Star
CoolCruza
Rotovelo

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:39 pm

recumbenteer wrote:
Hergest wrote:Yep, beautiful morning today with much lower humidity than recent days. Lots of debris and standing water on the paths out here in Western Sydney and up to Windsor, the next storm might wash it all away :roll:

Lower humidity????


.....Maybe I need to open the windows on my bathtub. ....


Hahaha! The old closed top race car peril in the rain, everything fogs up! :lol:

I won't complain so much when it buckets down suddenly... I got absolutely drenched this morning, only a few hundred metres from the destination. :roll:

User avatar
find_bruce
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 7016
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby find_bruce » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:46 pm

g-boaf wrote:I got absolutely drenched this morning, only a few hundred metres from the destination. :roll:

'twas a weird morning - I got dressed up with jacket & booties expecting it to bucket down - about 10 min in I had to strip off the jacket as I was dripping in sweat with rain threatened but not arriving

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:28 pm

And mother nature followed it up with the headwinds from hell this afternoon, which then changed to nasty crosswind. :roll: Tuck down in the drops, get low.

It did actually start bucketing down later in the morning, as I found out when some of my colleagues returned from their meeting looking like they'd jumped in the ocean. :shock:

g-boaf
Posts: 8824
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby g-boaf » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:37 am

Perhaps I should have gone swimming today...

Image

Enough of this rain already! :( I really thought I might have outrun the rain - but not so, final stretch it absolutely belted down. Totally drenched. And I noticed the rear brake was slightly off centre and dragging. :roll:

tez001
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby tez001 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 am

Yep thought it would just be cloudy however it just showered the whole way from Prospect Dam till the end of the Greystanes canal.

Return to “New South Wales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users