Sydney weather this morning!!!

Postby Kev365428 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:38 am

Took me a little while to get used to my base layer as well. But when it's cool in the morning, I wouldn't be without it.

Lazy day for me today. Might veg on the lounge while the boss goes shopping with her siblings.

Kev.
User avatar
Kev365428
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Ingleburn, NSW

by BNA » Sun May 11, 2008 12:28 pm

BNA
 

Postby Aushiker » Sun May 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Kev365428 wrote:Lazy day for me today. Might veg on the lounge while the boss goes shopping with her siblings..

That is the sort of news I like to hear :twisted: .....

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19968
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby Chuck » Sun May 11, 2008 3:52 pm

Kev365428 wrote:No saddle bags here (except for the ones under the lycra) :lol:

My commute times are pretty out of the mainstream - 0430 depart Ingleburn arrive at the tunnel at around 0520. In the afternoon I generally join the M5 at Bexely Rd between 1410 and 1500. It depends if the world ends before i get to leave work or not.

Kev.



How many Kms is that a day, round trip Kev ?
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Postby sandman » Sun May 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Kev

I went out to Richmond and bought a pair of skins for the legs, I cant believe teh price difference to Rebel. The Slazenger tights were $39.95, Rebel has an intermediate brand at $100 and the Nike ones are $140....

it really pays to shop around !

Pete
Image
User avatar
sandman
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Alice Springs, NT

Postby leojvs » Sun May 11, 2008 8:11 pm

what shop in Richmond did you get those from Pete?
oohhhh shiny new bike parts : -)
Image
User avatar
leojvs
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:30 am
Location: Warragamba, NSW. North of banjo county...

Postby 531db » Sun May 11, 2008 8:26 pm

sandman wrote:Kev

I went out to Richmond and bought a pair of skins for the legs, I cant believe teh price difference to Rebel. The Slazenger tights were $39.95, Rebel has an intermediate brand at $100 and the Nike ones are $140....

it really pays to shop around !

Pete


In Richmond? I'd be guessing BigW!
531db
 
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:25 pm
Location: Riding a real steel bike - somewhere!

Postby sandman » Sun May 11, 2008 9:10 pm

Pete, absolutely !!!!

Penrith Big W only had XXL in pants. Richmond had a few black M's left. They are obviously in the mens section tucked away on a wall. Make sure you try them on first, the masses have been stuffing different sizes into different boxes..

Honestly these do feel good and for a total of $80, its far cheaper than the ~ $250 I would have to pay for Nike stuff at Rebel

Pete
Image
User avatar
sandman
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Alice Springs, NT

Postby Chuck » Sun May 11, 2008 9:26 pm

Pete,


Skins and leg warmers, are we talking about the same thing mate ?
Or are skins like long nix ?

Steve
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Postby Aushiker » Sun May 11, 2008 10:32 pm

Chuck wrote:Skins and leg warmers, are we talking about the same thing mate ? Or are skins like long nix ?

Skins are Skins. Anything else is, well not Skins.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19968
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby sandman » Sun May 11, 2008 10:44 pm

Wow, cool videos.. didn't know I was going to be able to bowl like Brett Lee :-) Basically I am going to wear them as the base layer with the nics and leg warmers over them. To me its then 2 layers with air trapped which **should** make it a little warmer.

You CAN buy stuff in bike stores that look like skins but have the material on the inside like leg/arm warmers have. Right now, the skins are good for this kind of temp however when we hit the really cold months, the ones I've just mentioned above are going to be the best solution.

Cheers..Pete
Image
User avatar
sandman
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Alice Springs, NT

Postby Kev365428 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:08 am

Chuck,

Round trip is ~81km - 38.6km to work, and 42.5 home. Hard to do it each day, but I try to average 3-4 times a week.

Pete,
I use leg warmers from T7. I think I picked them up for $29.95, and they are the best thing I've purchased in a long time. Snuggly warm. Those, plus the arm warmers and base layer might do me for the colder months.

Kev.
User avatar
Kev365428
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Ingleburn, NSW

Postby Aushiker » Mon May 12, 2008 9:09 am

Kev365428 wrote:Chuck,

Round trip is ~81km - 38.6km to work, and 42.5 home. Hard to do it each day, but I try to average 3-4 times a week.

They are nice numbers indeed.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19968
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby challs » Mon May 12, 2008 9:21 am

Positively balmy ride this morning, could even have done without the arm warmers I think - might even extend the commute home to make the most of this weather...
challs
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Windsor

Postby Kev365428 » Mon May 12, 2008 11:12 am

Aushiker wrote:
Kev365428 wrote:Chuck,

Round trip is ~81km - 38.6km to work, and 42.5 home. Hard to do it each day, but I try to average 3-4 times a week.

They are nice numbers indeed.

Andrew


Yes they are, and I need to keep doing them if I'm going to hold you at bay on BJ.

Kev.
User avatar
Kev365428
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Ingleburn, NSW

Postby Aushiker » Mon May 12, 2008 11:38 am

Kev365428 wrote:Yes they are, and I need to keep doing them if I'm going to hold you at bay on BJ.

:lol: You are all over me, well at least for two more months. My work commute changes in June sometime when the campus I am on closes. That may help somewhat but somehow I think you will continue to keep well clear of me.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 19968
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Postby mikesbytes » Mon May 12, 2008 1:10 pm

Yeh, nice weather in Sydney this morning. Came upon some wet roads, but not a cloud in the sky, must of been some pip squeak one.
A helmet saved my life
User avatar
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 14729
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:42 pm
Location: Tempe, Sydney

Postby sandman » Mon May 12, 2008 4:22 pm

You dogs !!! I had to go into the office today for meetings and lots of cups of coffee. The coast is clear for the rest of the week and I think I've convinced myself I need to go riding every day to catchup on some km's in BJ ! I think I scraped into the top 150 "once" and I'm struggling to stay in the top 180 !!

Pete

edit: 182 now as most of the buggers are in summer clocking up BIG Kilometers :twisted:
Image
User avatar
sandman
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Alice Springs, NT

Postby Kev365428 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:25 pm

Yep, I doubt we'll stay anywhere those guys in the top 50 or so.

Being northern hemispere based, they were clocking up big km in cold weather, probably in snow for some of them. Now that the milder weather has arrived for them, I expect to see them pull out a large gap on us southern hemispere riders.

Kev.
User avatar
Kev365428
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2178
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 am
Location: Ingleburn, NSW

Postby sandman » Tue May 13, 2008 5:50 pm

What a fabulous day today. Carol and I ducked out late morning for a ride to Richmond and back.. Her first "long ride", I did promise her a Banana smoothie if she made it to Richmond and she did a sterling job ! Dropped her off at work and noticed a few bad clouds hovering around however Leximack dropped my new tyres to my folks place at Quakers hill so I hopped on the bike and went over to grab them. A quick cuppa and then down to Richmond and back along Castlereagh road....The weather was just great, a few rain drops here and there however overall it was a top day for a ride ! Another 118km on BJ :-)

Cheers..Pete
Image
User avatar
sandman
 
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Alice Springs, NT

Postby Chuck » Tue May 13, 2008 6:00 pm

118kms sweet Pete, I'll get there one day.

Went for a quick 40kms after work, also got a little wet and my first flat on the new bike. Must have been towards the end of the ride because I only noticed it coming up the drive way. A nasty little piece of wire :x .
User avatar
Chuck
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 pm
Location: Hiding in the bunch

Postby challs » Tue May 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Beautiful day for the commute, very glad the storms didn't eventuate though.

Fantastic tail wind all the way home bumped the average up a fair bit too....

I love this weather - makes me annoyed that I won't be able to ride most of next week.
challs
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: Windsor

Postby Boognoss » Tue May 13, 2008 6:15 pm

sandman wrote:
......however Leximack dropped my new tyres to my folks place at Quakers hill ......



What time I wonder???? ;-) Leximack was off work "sick" today......
n = 3 for now

Image
User avatar
Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 5752
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:45 am
Location: Castle Hill, NSW

Postby leximack » Tue May 13, 2008 6:43 pm

Boognoss wrote:
sandman wrote:
......however Leximack dropped my new tyres to my folks place at Quakers hill ......



What time I wonder???? ;-) Leximack was off work "sick" today......


i was sick and i have witness's, sandmans parents said to sandman, and i quote "he didnt look too healthy", me not looking too healthy was probably exagerated a bit as i went over in my pyjama's (old tracksuit basically) and i hadnt showered or combed my hair, i dont think i looked very well.

Don
User avatar
leximack
 
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm

Postby Boognoss » Tue May 13, 2008 6:51 pm

leximack wrote:i was sick and i have witness's, sandmans parents said to sandman, and i quote "he didnt look too healthy", me not looking too healthy was probably exagerated a bit as i went over in my pyjama's (old tracksuit basically) and i hadnt showered or combed my hair, i dont think i looked very well.

Don


No worries mate. Just hassling :P. You didn't look too good yesterday. Hopefully you won't be off the bike as long as I have been :x .
n = 3 for now

Image
User avatar
Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 5752
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:45 am
Location: Castle Hill, NSW

Postby leximack » Tue May 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Boognoss wrote:
leximack wrote:i was sick and i have witness's, sandmans parents said to sandman, and i quote "he didnt look too healthy", me not looking too healthy was probably exagerated a bit as i went over in my pyjama's (old tracksuit basically) and i hadnt showered or combed my hair, i dont think i looked very well.

Don


No worries mate. Just hassling :P. You didn't look too good yesterday. Hopefully you won't be off the bike as long as I have been :x .


i am feeling heaps better now, 6.30-8.30am commute tomorrow, or atleast thats what i am hoping for, if i cant handle it i will shortcut it to work and get there early. Planning to do my 38km commute with an add-on at the rouse hill end. Will see how i go.

Don
User avatar
leximack
 
Posts: 3254
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to New South Wales

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU



InTouch with BNA
“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter