Mt Annan - Getting in before 10

Evetsllub

Mt Annan - Getting in before 10

Postby Evetsllub » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:27 pm

Just posted this in MTB but thought it might get more visibility in NSW.

Hey guys,

Want to head down to Mt Annan on Saturday, but beat the heat and get down early. I know the opening hours of the place are 10-5, but this was when there was an entry fee. I know there is now no entry fee, does this mean the gates are always left open and i can still get in?

They talk about "Friends of the Garden" having access at any time which seems like some sort of membership. Given i live in the city I'm not really interested in this. I just want to go for a ride before it gets hot.

Will I have any problems? Can I drive in and park, or will i need to park outside and ride in?

FWIW, only allowing mountain biking during the hottest time of the day in summer is just ridiculous!

leximack

Re: Mt Annan - Getting in before 10

Postby leximack » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:37 pm

as far as i am aware to ride before the opening hrs of the gardens (think its 10am) you need to be a member (friends of the garden) at about $50? a year.
The one time i parked outside and rode in before 10 a ranger stopped me and asked me for my membership, i didnt have one and he said to make sure i had one next time i was there, i said no worries and then continued on my ride.
Havent been back since though (was about 1.5yrs ago) so dont know what the rules are now.
was a decent track so would like to go back and check it out as i believe they have added parts to it and made the crappy parts better. Dont go in magpie season, a nasty one lives at the track :lol: :lol:

Evetsllub

Postby Evetsllub » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm

Cheers Lexi.

Ended up going, parking up near the entrance not on the main road (ie, didnt take the entrance where the signs point you after coming of the M5, took the next set of lights), got there at about 7 and parked just before the gates. There is a little walker/cyclist gate that was open. Got in, rode some laps, passed a few rangers along the way to the track and all just nodded their head.

Not a bad trail, well maintained which is nice.

hannos

Postby hannos » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:39 pm

Evetsllub wrote:
Not a bad trail, well maintained which is nice.
They close it whenever it's wet to prevent damage. usually they post on their facebook page when it's open / closing and why.
2010 BMC SLC01