Weekend Retro rides_Sydney(updates)

rebilda

Re: Weekend Retro rides_Sydney(updates)

Postby rebilda » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Awesome social ride today everyone! Great to meet some new people and just peddle around. Would love to join in again, next time!
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Many thanks again Gang for a 'Grand Day Out'.....( see Wallace & Gromit... re: the 'rocket' reference :mrgreen: )

http://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000050967 ... pg?5ffe3cd
98km for the day....Home to Retro ride to Home....
can't have an unfinished Century. :? ... so a lap or two around the block.... ahhhh 100km, that's better! 8)
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2
Rotovelo Across Australia

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:42 pm

I was 7.5km away from 100km today, but it was too windy to really go around to do that distance. Maybe I shouldve chosen a bike with less deep rims. It was a nice long ride, however the Anzac Ave descent was scary with the crosswind, otherwise I wouldve enjoyed flying down it.

It was nice to meet Tian and Greg, as well as see everyone else again. And spotted Marc and the DHBC bunch on the Cooks River path early on too!
VillaVelo, by the Vuong brothers

Blog: https://villaveloframes.wordpress.com/
FB & IG: @villaveloframes

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Thanks for a great ride today folks - highlights would be Greg's paino, watching people stop & stare at Mark & trying to chase down the breakaway of Reicel, Tian, Quang and Austyn around the airport. The wind really blew me home - easily rolling along at 40 km/h around Canada Bay.
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

tyliftw

Postby tyliftw » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Great ride today, folks! Lovely to meet you all, although the wind was truly out in force and I hope it didn't put too much of a dampener on the mood. Ride back from SOP was fairly uneventful, although Austyn did have a very close call with the side of a passageway, almost bringing up the total number of stacks to 2. :lol:
Cannondale CAAD7 SRAM Rival
Centurion Triathlon Master Ultegra 6500

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 pm

tyliftw wrote:Great ride today, folks! Lovely to meet you all, although the wind was truly out in force and I hope it didn't put too much of a dampener on the mood. Ride back from SOP was fairly uneventful, although Austyn did have a very close call with the side of a passageway, almost bringing up the total number of stacks to 2. :lol:
:roll: :lol:

for_sleep

Postby for_sleep » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:06 pm

Likewise wonderful meeting all of you and again thanks to all of you for a fun ride! Next time I'll try to remember I have two front rings and not ride up hills on the 53 cog :P
Hopefully the Bundy bike will be ready to roll by the next ride!
find_bruce wrote:The wind really blew me home - easily rolling along at 40 km/h around Canada Bay.
Head wind party on the way back to Cooks for Tian and myself, coasting down a hill never felt so slow!
tyliftw wrote:Austyn did have a very close call with the side of a passageway, almost bringing up the total number of stacks to 2.
Crashed on the couch when I got home. Doing nothing never felt so good :)

Ended up on just a touch over 80km today :D

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for a very enjoyable Saturday everyone. It was great to see a few new faces as well as the regulars too.

Thanks to Rheciel for organizing the route. The markets at Milsons Point were a great idea.

Good luck for your HSC exams in a couple of weeks Quang. Minh, it was great to see you bravely back on the bike and recovering well from your accident.

And thanks Mark, for the ride to Olympic Park and for giving us all fantastic entertainment watching the faces of all who glimpse your green rocket :-D

And to everyone else, see you next time! :-)
Claire
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:05 pm

isabella24 wrote:Thanks to Rheicel for organizing the route. The markets at Milsons Point were a great idea.
Claire
No worries. I am glad that many of us liked the route. I am overseas at the moment and hopefully, it's Retro Ride again when I come back.
:lol:

QuangVuong

Postby QuangVuong » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:18 pm

find_bruce wrote:Thanks for a great ride today folks - highlights would be Greg's paino, watching people stop & stare at Mark & trying to chase down the breakaway of Reicel, Tian, Quang and Austyn around the airport. The wind really blew me home - easily rolling along at 40 km/h around Canada Bay.
Rheicel was on the attack, prompting Tian and Austyn to step up their pace. I powered by Austyn who passes Tian, and led the breakaway group as we catch Rheicel who transformed into a paparazzo.

It was all headwind for Claire, Mark, and myself heading towards Parramatta, and then down the rail trail. I do wonder how much Green Rocketman was affected by wind though, whilst Claire's and my carbon bikes were blown around.

Saro28

Postby Saro28 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Mark descending the bridge stairs :o

Gregs Paino

Joe H and Rheicel

Bruce, Joe, Quang

Mark rising from a short n sharp tunnel

Envy :shock: :? 8)

Joe, Rheicel, Claire, Minh in blue, Quang in black, Bruce, Mark

Joe, Quang, Bruce, Mark, Greg
A great ride, Thanks Rheicel for organising it. Very diverse terrain and conditions from the bridge to the Highway and along many differing cycle paths. Markets with coffe and food aroumas, Vehicle pollution and flowers full of spring time pollen.
93.5k on my counter without a hope of reachin 100k justforthehellofit :twisted: I zizgged and zagged streets all the way home from Homebush to lessen the headwind :(
Fight till the end n never give up. Cadel Evans 2012

marc2131

Postby marc2131 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Saw you guys on the Cooks River path last weekend. Usually lurk around the Retro forum and so missed this thread.
... 15km short of a cardiac arrest ...

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 am

Hello all Retro Riders!

I have had the fortune to win two tickets valued at $75 each to Spring Cycle today in a Chain Reaction competition. I will obviously use one ticket myself, but this means I have a ticket spare for a retro rider that wants to join myself, Quang, Minh and Rheicel who are all doing the 50km classic ride.

The ride goes from North Sydney at 7-7:30am to Olympic Park and tickets include a jersey, goody bag and entry to the bike and lifestyle festival at Olympic Park. The ride is on the 20th of October. More info can be found at http://www.springcycle.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please PM me no later than today, 03/10/13 if you want me to put your name down for this ticket, as I have to let Chain Reaction know who is coming by tomorrow.

Cheers, Claire
80s Ken Evans / 2011 Trek Madone / 2013 Vivente World Randonneur / 2015 Lynskey Helix

isabella24

Postby isabella24 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:22 am

Geez that was quick!! Green rocket man has the ticket :-)

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:25 am

Many thanks isabella24, I'm looking forward to being a "head-turner", and ride entertainment. :-)
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2
Rotovelo Across Australia

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:58 am

& nice that the Spring cycle actually welcomes recumbents & other unusual vehicles, unlike certain other events

frailer5

Postby frailer5 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 am

Oh I like that Paino. 8)
Well, no, it's not a pushbike, otherwise I'd be pushing it...
Ricardo Elite, '87 Keith Davis/Pegasus, '92 Team Miyata Ti.

minhyy

Postby minhyy » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:55 am

Re: Spring Cycle - I have work that day so if I can't get the day off, I may have to find someone to take my place, for a reduced entry fee of course..:?

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 pm

frailer5 wrote:Oh I like that Paino. 8)
Thanks frailer5.
It did come up nice in that photo!
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2

rebilda

Postby rebilda » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:28 pm

isabella24 wrote:Geez that was quick!! Green rocket man has the ticket :-)
Quick is right! I saw that post about 2hrs too late.

I was considering buying an entry for the Spring Cycle, however, it looks as though i'll be interstate on that date now anyway.

I have got my Gong Ride starter in the mail, the other day. Anyone else here, riding this??

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 pm

rebilda wrote:
isabella24 wrote:Geez that was quick!! Green rocket man has the ticket :-)
Quick is right! I saw that post about 2hrs too late.

I was considering buying an entry for the Spring Cycle, however, it looks as though i'll be interstate on that date now anyway.

I have got my Gong Ride starter in the mail, the other day. Anyone else here, riding this??
I'll be riding as a support crew.

Joe H

Postby Joe H » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi guys,

Sorry for not sending in a thank-you for the great ride, comradery, and opportunity to check out some cool bikes. I left town almost immediately after the ride and just got back yesterday evening. Thanks for, yet again, a fantastic couple of hours of exercise with great folks.

I had hoped to ride in the Spring Cycle ride but another work trip out of the area is shaping up so I'll miss this one. Have a great time!

Joe

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:17 pm

Late notice, but if anyone is interested in a 100 km ride on Sunday 13 October, let me know.

I was thinking of heading north to west head

Or south around the Royal National Park
Last edited by find_bruce on Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigfriendlyvegan

Postby bigfriendlyvegan » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:05 pm

Oh, put me down for a maybe. I want to do West Head. I went out there with the kids in the car for a bush walk and the ride there would be wonderful.

Johnj

Postby Johnj » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:43 pm

I'm also a possible. I'd prefer to be back home earlier rather than later. I'd also favour north, as I do Waterfall a fair bit and wouldn't mind a change.

Would like a steady pace and don't mind if we don't stop much.