Damn Prospect Dam

Bunged Knee

Re: Damn Prospect Dam

Postby Bunged Knee » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:56 am

^^
Bunged Knee wrote:[Tell them that we've got the chinese whisperings that the lock will meet the bolt cutters by someone . :)

I said it as a joke. But tell them that it might be done and it might force them to check it out early to see if it been cut.

And to find that it hadn`t, then they are there so open it up.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Maja is on secondment to another project so she forwarded my letter of complaint to James Connelly who replied with;

Further to your feedback from last Saturday I have been in contact with our security team.

I recognise this inconvenience has occurred at various stages of the cycleway from time to time.

We are modifying our security operations to make the task of opening the 6 gates around various sections of the cycleway easier. This should result in a more reliable service for cyclists.

Buggered if I know the difficulty in opening 6 sets of gates but maybe things will improve. I'm not holding my breath though as it's clearly just the security guard can't be bothered getting out of bed on long weekends or inclement mornings.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:21 pm

I rode down the dam this morning just after 8. At the very top on the grass behind the fence were 4 kangaroos. 2 large, 2 small. As I rode past they all took off but followed the fence line and kept pace with me. One large and one small dropped off and the other 2 kept up. The small one stopped but the large remaining one kept on going keeping the exact same pace as me. When I put my foot down so did he. Half way down there's a deep gutter alongside the fenceline so the roo had to go at an angle and I got 10 or 20 metres ahead. I thought he would then go back but he really gave it some stick and caught me up and matched me all the way until the bottom where you go through the gateway to the right.

It was a hoot. I wish I'd have known what was going to happen and got the phone out ready. They aren't half graceful animals when they are bounding along at the side of you and seeming to put hardly any effort into it.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Awesome. As Miranda says, Such Fun!

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:13 pm

I've seen the kangaroos a few times. Been a bit wary of them when they are not behind a fence, but rather 10 metres away. Knowing that they can be unpredictable, I figure it's best to give them room.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:22 pm

g-boaf wrote:I've seen the kangaroos a few times. Been a bit wary of them when they are not behind a fence, but rather 10 metres away. Knowing that they can be unpredictable, I figure it's best to give them room.

Yeah, when one or two are on the cycleway side of the fence on the entry to the dam from Reconciliation Road you are never sure where they are going to go and some are a fair old size.