Saddle Fitting

Saddle Fitting

Postby vosadrian » Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am

HI All,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a bike shop around Sydney (I live in the Nor West/Hills area) that has a large stock of different Saddle types, and offer some sort of try before buy or swap over or something that will enable to try saddles for a week before committing.

I know that in the USA they have really good swapover deals, but have not seen anything here.

I recently purchased a Prologo Scratch Pro (based on some extensive research on what I thought should work for me). Unfortunately it did not work well with me and I was lucky to get a refund. I borrowed a Fizik Aliante from a friend and that seems quite good, but not sure if there are better out there for me. I am trying to avoid spending a fortune buying saddles that do not work for me.

Cheers,

Adrian
vosadrian

by BNA » Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm

BNA

Re: Saddle Fitting

Postby isabella24 » Thu May 09, 2013 7:33 pm

Hi Adrian,
I borrowed saddles from both MC Cyclery and Clarence st Cyclery, both located on Clarence st in the Sydney CBD when I was looking for a saddle.

MC had SMP saddles and Clarence st had Prologo and Selle Italia saddles from what I remember, but both may have other brands. Both shops asked for a 'deposit' of the sale price of the saddle, which was refunded in full after testing. Joe at MC was particularly helpful for me and I ended up getting an SMP from him. (No affliation, just a happy customer!)

Since my experience, I've heard through the grapevine that Kangazilla bike shop in Toongabbie and bike barn in North Parramatta also lend out saddles, but I'd ring them to be sure if I were you. There is a Trek shop out your way at Rouse Hill but I have no idea if they lend saddles.

Im told Specialized stores also have a 'butt fit' system, where they have a device you sit on that 'measures' your sit bones. I've never tried it, so can't give you any advice on it, but maybe it's worth a shot. Good luck.
isabella24

Postby Xplora » Thu May 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Couple of additions to the above... Trek Rouse Hill has their butt fit system, and Kangazilla also is a Specialized dealer that also has the butt fit system. Both will not want you to go away with the wrong thing, especially if you've had a go with a decent prologo and been defeated already.

I would prefer these dealers ;)
Xplora

Postby vosadrian » Fri May 10, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks guys,

I will make some calls. I prefer to use someone who sells Fizik since that is my point of reference at the moment.

Cheers,

Adrian
vosadrian

Postby eon » Mon May 20, 2013 2:32 pm

+1 for Mal@Kanga

I borrowed a Specialized Romin of him after he measured me up with the butMeter.
I had that for about a week. i think i may have posted best solo time on the M7 cycleway with the Romin Saddle.

Then I went and tried an SMP from Eddie @EddieSalas Cycles. I couldn't borrow it though. With little time with the SMP i ended up getting the SMP anyway. Just seem like it fit me nicely, and it does - no more numb nuts.. But, now that I've had the SMP for about a month and playing with positions, I still cant get that time i posted with the ROMIN. :oops: :oops: :oops:

now having thoughts of borrowing the Romin again.
eon

Return to New South Wales