M7 Shared bike path. has anyone else noticed motorcycles?

DoubleSpeeded

M7 Shared bike path. has anyone else noticed motorcycles?

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm

ive started to notice Yamaha Off Road dirt bikes youths in the Quakers Hill area...
Usually on a Saturday late mornings on different occasions and most likely different individuals.

Does anyone else ride there noticed this?... what are your thoughts?

g-boaf

Re: M7 Shared bike path. has anyone else noticed motorcycles

Postby g-boaf » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:11 pm

Seen dirt bikes before on there - but not in that area, further down towards Elizabeth Drive.

Scared the heck out of me - but probably more the other guy who didn't expect to see a cyclist coming along so fast. Also noticed them in Western Sydney Regional park on the path from the picnic area up to Horsely Drive - two of them. Same ones?

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:12 pm

g-boaf wrote:Seen dirt bikes before on there - but not in that area, further down towards Elizabeth Drive.

Scared the heck out of me - but probably more the other guy who didn't expect to see a cyclist coming along so fast. Also noticed them in Western Sydney Regional park on the path from the picnic area up to Horsely Drive - two of them. Same ones?
Yeh thats no good man. if you collided... you'd be in a world of hurt.
Happend to me when i swerved out of the way for a pedestrian who was very ignorant on a shared path and we rocked up face to face unexpected. losing control...Fell flat and landed on my shoulder... screwed the Bursa within the rotator cuff and screwed the muscle .. soft tissue damage, caused me almost 4 weeks off work.

Well i had seen two dirt bikes together on the path... They were wearing full face helmets.. one was white coloured.
The bikes had the blue colour scheme, but then again... Yamaha's flagship and colour is generally blue.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were the same guys... since on a motorcycle getting from Quakers Hill to Elizabeth drive wont take that long... the Yamaha bikes look between 250cc to 400cc

the second time round was one westie looking kid on a BMX with his mate that was pushing the yamaha up the hill towards Bella Vista in the Quakers Hill area... im assuming he had issues...

was it a saturday?

Ive written to the M7 Motorway asking them about this and according to them they were getting in touch with the Local law enforcement about bit. And that something about Electric or motorised bicycle are allowed but must be within... (was it 200watts?).
definitely not 250cc - 400cc...

But i don't think they would be able to control something like that very easily.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Saturday indeed - and they were in the full gear. Got to be the same two.

M7 can stop it by putting more bollards in place with narrow gaps so people have to stop, but that ruins the path too.

westab

Postby westab » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Guys and girls - the M7 people have always seemed to help where they can (I think that the PR people are ok) but this one is realy for the police.

I havn't seen these "guys" (as I don't ride saturdays very often on the M7) but a couple of years a go there was one guy riding a black motorbike at about 9:30pm on Thursday night (like a loonie). When I mentioned it to the police they asked me about where, when, and how often. I was happy to do this and after about a month on the way home one night the gentlemen and his bike were getting a "roadworthyness" inspection by two bicycle officers and two motorcycle officers. Needless to say I haven't seen him since.

My point is if you see these guys make a mental note and let the boys in blue know - if there is a pattern it helps them heaps. :D

PS sorry for the log post.
Not fast, no style, but still get there.

thomashouseman

Postby thomashouseman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 pm

g-boaf wrote:Saturday indeed - and they were in the full gear. Got to be the same two.

M7 can stop it by putting more bollards in place with narrow gaps so people have to stop, but that ruins the path too.
Don't even suggest it! Wash your mouth out.... :D

They do NOT go well with the http://rideweehoo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; !!

T.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm

g-boaf wrote:Saturday indeed - and they were in the full gear. Got to be the same two.

Actually, come to think of it.. only the last time i saw one was at Quakers HIll...

the pair that was riding was actually roaming up and down several times when i was resting and that would be about Rooty Hill...
so yeah.. i took a snap shot on the camera but it was as vague and unconvincing just like a picture of a Cryptid...

yeah but bollards may not help much... because the width of a Dirt bike is almost the same as that of a MTB for eg.

Those triangular tapered gates with a pad lock might... but i dunno

one of them things, no matter how good things are... someone out there is willing to ruin it for the rest.

westab wrote:Guys and girls - the M7 people have always seemed to help where they can (I think that the PR people are ok) but this one is realy for the police.

I havn't seen these "guys" (as I don't ride saturdays very often on the M7) but a couple of years a go there was one guy riding a black motorbike at about 9:30pm on Thursday night (like a loonie). When I mentioned it to the police they asked me about where, when, and how often. I was happy to do this and after about a month on the way home one night the gentlemen and his bike were getting a "roadworthyness" inspection by two bicycle officers and two motorcycle officers. Needless to say I haven't seen him since.

My point is if you see these guys make a mental note and let the boys in blue know - if there is a pattern it helps them heaps. :D

PS sorry for the log post.
Yeh but the problem with the M7 is... it cuts through a fair few suburbs. which police station do you call?!

Well when i mentioned to the M7 motorway... the representative seemed pretty interested.

but thanks for the suggestion... ill keep an eye out and perhaps make a note of time and day.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Hmm im actually thinking whether we could turn this into a thread where people (obviously if they wanted to) are interested in putting feedback and perhaps backing up with pictures (if they get a chance to) with some details.

wonder if that would help