- Posts: 353
- Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 9:20 pm
- Location: Inner West, Sydney
All replies to : Marc
Email: [email protected]
The 2014 Sydney Classic Bicycle Show are fielding expressions of interest for opportunities to hold a Vintage bicycles and parts Stalls at the 2014 Sydney Classic Bicycle Show held on Saturday 22 March 2014 at the Canterbury Velodrome in Tempe.
The Sydney Classic Bicycle Show is a not-for-profit event organised by the Dulwich Hill Bicycle Club (est. 1908). See the official video of the 2013 Sydney Classic Bicycle Show event at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bozHJN7XR_Q
The following opportunities are available for stall holders:
1. $20 - for Sole Traders and itinerant stall holders. Located on the infield. Allocated areas must not exceed 2m x 2m.
2. $50 – for Established Retailers with registered businesses. Located on the infield. Allocated areas must not exceed 3m x 3m. Promotional banners can be displayed within allocated area. Publicity provided on event social media outlets.
3. $5 – for Small sellers with less than 15 items for sale.
In 2014 we expect:
• An estimated attendance of 500 to 700 people on the day (up 300-500 from 2013).
• Expect in excess of 70 vintage bicycles in the Concours competition (up from 50 from 2013).
• Expect up to 20 vintage bike parts stall sellers (up from 13 sellers in 2013).
• Continue our highly successful social media campaign on our Sydney Classic Bicycle Show website and Facebook page.
Vehicular access into the velodrome for the purposes of loading and unloading of merchandise can be done before and after the event. Ample parking is available, located immediately outside the velodrome.
The progam for the event will cover the following aspects:
• CONCOURS EVENT: That a concourse competition/exhibition of classic bicycles and associated cycle paraphernalia will take place. This will accommodate approximately 50-70 bicycles (depending on demand). Prizes will be given to the winner of each category.
• DEMONSTRATION TRACK RACES: That the DHBC hold demonstration track races on the Velodrome.
• FOOD/REFRESHMENT STALLS: That the DHBC have several food and refreshments stalls for the purposes of fundraising for the DHBC.
• SWAP MEET: That a Swap Meet be held allowing sellers to sell/barter classic bicycles, bicycle parts and paraphernalia. This will be open to the public.
• L’EROCIA STYLE BIKE RIDE- planned for Sunday 23 March. The ride will take place in Sydney with varying distances for the rides.
The primary aims of the Sydney Classic Bicycle Show is to foster goodwill and enhance networking between bicycle enthusiasts and other bicycle clubs, promote cycling as a fun, relevant and practical form of transport, promote cycling as a lifestyle choice and a sport and to encourage the recycling of old bicycles and parts.
If your organization would like to participate in this year’s event as a sponsor, please contact me. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Reply to : Marc R. Email: [email protected]
Sydney Classic Bicycle Show 2014
c.1967 Jim Bundy Roadie
c.1952 Alcone 'Road Special'
1985 Raleigh Team Panasonic
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.