Greetings from the east of the east!

Greetings from the east of the east!

Postby YsoSerious » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi all! My name is Tim, I recently moved from Perth to Sydney about 22 days ago. Of the very limited amount of cargo I was able to take with me i'm quite fortunate that one of the items was my bike!

In W.A. - basically where I learned to ride a bike, I was welcomed by lots of quite friendly cyclists from the Joondalup bike force riding crew, and Northern Beaches Cycling Club. I got a first decent bike (apollo vespo i think it is called), and slowly got better. The unfortunate thing about Sydney is that although there's way more people here, I only know about 3 haha, and none of them cycle!

So I'm hoping theres some of you out there who can show me the ropes of Sydney cycling! Haven't had a proper saddle up for months. Last week I did the Vaucluse lighthouse ascent at a dismal 11km/h (up the hill) so Im quite rusty so to speak. Around watsons bay area are there any cycling clubs or social groups? Or anyone nearby and keen on being a tour-guide? haha!

:)
YsoSerious

by BNA » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 pm

BNA

Re: Greetings from the east of the east!

Postby zozza » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:39 pm

welcome to the east bud,

happy to show you around if ya wanna come riding in the west :mrgreen:
zozza

Re: Greetings from the east of the east!

Postby schroeds » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Get in touch with MC Cyclery,m they do shortish rides around the burbs..you can get on their ride mailing list from their shop site. Or join a local club..there are four in the eastern suburbs. And you know that Centennial Park is the standard 'not thinking much' destination, right?

Enjoy and ride safe
I'm not so much a cyclist..more of a sit down comedian
schroeds

Return to New South Wales