Accident on Epping Rd, Epping

nomadicsoul

Accident on Epping Rd, Epping

Postby nomadicsoul » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Saw the tail end of an accident being cleared up on Epping Rd between Epping/Marsfield at the Terry's creek overpass. One police vehicle and an ambulance, no other vehicle's in sight. Police were picking up a bike and wheeling it back to their patrol vehicle. Hope whoever you are, you are ok! The bike doesn't look badly damaged at all so hopefully it's rider is the same way!

queequeg

Re: Accident on Epping Rd, Epping

Postby queequeg » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 pm

I see a few people ride the path on that side, but most cyclists use the road in that section.
It is a bit hard to tell, but maybe they crashed off the path??
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

duncanm

Postby duncanm » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:09 pm

Doesn't look like the sort of bike you'd be riding down the road.. if you can't maintain 50-60km/h down there, why not use the perfectly good cycle path on the other side?

Maybe they stacked riding down the steps?

nomadicsoul

Postby nomadicsoul » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 pm

That's what I'm beginning to think - either took the stairs for fun, or didn't see them coming up in time and crashed down them? - a few times I have looked across at Epping Rd, as the gradient looks less severe then the cycle path, but then I remember at least on the cycle path I can go at my own pace and not have buses and trucks flying past me within arms reach :/