Anyone commute from Preston/Liverpool towards SOP

vikramranna

Anyone commute from Preston/Liverpool towards SOP

Postby vikramranna » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if there is anyone who commutes for work from Prestons area (Liverpool) towards Sydney Olympic Park that i could tag along for my fist work commute. As the days are getting warmer i am looking to ditch the car and take the bike but a bit nervous trying to figure out the route on my own. From a previous post of mine i did receive a lot of suggestions on various routes that i could take but i have not yet tried it. If anyone does travel this route and is happy to take me under their wing for the first ride that will be appreciated.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=72457&p=1087220&hi ... e#p1087220

Regards,
Vikram

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Anyone commute from Preston/Liverpool towards SOP

Postby Boognoss » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:49 pm

My only rides to Prestons are M7 cycleway/shoulder rides so can't help sorry but good luck. I can't live without my cycle commuting. Exercise and transport all wrapped up in a neat little package.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

hannos

Postby hannos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:47 am

I used to ride Mt Annan -> Rhodes
You could always take a look at my route and ride it on a weekend to familiarise yourself? Mind you, I have no qualms about mixing it up with traffic, a more timid rider may not like some of the roads I used.

http://www.strava.com/activities/831622" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I no longer live out that way so have no idea what the M5 shoulder is like with all the roadworks.
2010 BMC SLC01

vikramranna

Postby vikramranna » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks guys but one of the forum memebrs took me out for a ride last weekend showed me ways of being able to get to Rhodes using the Liverpool Parra Rail Trail and from there to Rhodes using the Parra River Cycleway and M4 Cycleway.