Good place to do intervals in north sydney/north shore

Good place to do intervals in north sydney/north shore

Postby ginger ninja » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:56 pm

Where is a good place to do intervals i.e. a decent road with no stops on it - I heard about some M road in a bike shop but can't remember where they said! Just moved here so local knowledge is truely pants! I am in neutral bay btw!

thanks

andy
ginger ninja

by BNA » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:04 pm

BNA

Re: Good place to do intervals in north sydney/north shore

Postby mikesbytes » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:04 pm

ginger ninja wrote:Where is a good place to do intervals i.e. a decent road with no stops on it - I heard about some M road in a bike shop but can't remember where they said! Just moved here so local knowledge is truely pants! I am in neutral bay btw!

thanks

andy

Perhaps they were referring to the M2.

Don't know where you live. Also whats the interval distance?

How about a hill? Galston gourge.
A helmet saved my life
mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby sogood » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:14 am

Ride down to Centennial Park and it's probably the safest place for interval/circuit riding. Do it nice and early and there won't be much traffic cutting across the bridge and part of the city. The other potential that's within a short riding distance from Nth Sydney is Hickson Rd that goes under Harbour Br and winds along the wharfs on the west side of the bridge. It's flat, straight, good quality road surface, designated cycling route, low traffic area and no side streets on the east side of the road. Again, ideal if you are there early in the morning or on weekend mornings.

There are some long stretches of smooth roads I can think of on the Nth side, but they all tend to be in hilly areas eg. River Rd going west near Lane Cove, the segment with a park/golf course on its north side. Although no side streets, cars tend to drive very very fast around there, making it somewhat risky.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby cludence » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi,

If you are on the North Side you may wish to get in touch with Muggaccinos. They hold regular rides at varying distances and would be helpful with knowledge of the area as well. http://www.muggaccinos.com/
cludence

Return to New South Wales