Camden Valley Way to Cawdor Road?

g-boaf

Camden Valley Way to Cawdor Road?

Postby g-boaf » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Anyone ridden on Camden Valley Way all the way down to Cawdor Road? Is this feasible, or is the traffic crazy?

setabv

Re: Camden Valley Way to Cawdor Road?

Postby setabv » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:42 am

Depending on where you start. The section from Cowpasture Rd through Leppington is horrid due to the roadworks. From the South side of Leppington it is heaven with either a 2 foot wide bike lane or a SUP on the Western side until you get to Narellan. Then it can get a bit sketchy if you want to go through Narellan itself or you can take the Camden Bypass which again has a wide breakdown lane except for the bridge which is take your life in your own hands type stuff.

Peak hour is not recommended although doable but other than that it is a very good ride.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks Setabv. I think I will use the bypass (used it before) and take my chances with Cowpasture to Leppington. The bridge you mention should be okay, been across it before.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Went along Camden Valley Way this morning from Prestons all the way through to Camden, it's quite decent. Large sections of it have a cycleway now, although the intersection with Cowpasture Road is still a pain, the traffic islands are unfinished. Leppington rail overpass section doesn't have a shoulder, but the rest has a decent shoulder.

Jawa

Postby Jawa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Does anyone know how to get through this mess to connect the two cycle paths along Camden Valley Way? I havent ridden for a few weeks but is there a path or a path planned?

Imagehttps://postimage.org/app.php

recumbenteer

Postby recumbenteer » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Jawa wrote:Does anyone know how to get through this mess to connect the two cycle paths along Camden Valley Way? I havent ridden for a few weeks but is there a path or a path planned?

Imagehttps://postimage.org/app.php

Heading South to Camden.....

To get onto Camden Valley Way (CVW) from Cowpasture rd.,...

At Cowpasture Rd., drop off the cyclepath up at the traffic lights, travel in the left traffic lane heading for the Leppington rail bridge, take care crossing the slip lane that joins CVW from Liverpool..you'll be in the traffic lane...go into & through the carpark of the Produce Yard. On exit of the Produce carpark, go across the traffic lanes to the Right Turn lane at the next traffic lights, here you can get onto the pathway that goes all the way to Narellan

On the return leg, there has been a bit of an extension of the existing pathway after the Rail bridge, (Ive not done it since this has been extended).. just under the Rail bridge is a driveway that'll get you back out into the traffic lane. From here, keep to the left and you can do a Hook Turn at Bringelly Rd., to go right back along CVW....if the traffic islands are open, good luck.... If not, after the Hook Turn & traffic lights, there is a small pathway that joins back onto CVW pathway back to Liverpool.....

PM if you need clarification..

Marky D
Trisled Rotovelo Mk 2
Rotovelo Across Australia

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 am

I came back through the mess on the map above. You really must take to the road lanes ahead of getting to that intersection in order to be able to make the right turn to Camden Valley Way. I came through there at 3pm in the afternoon so it was pretty heavy traffic.

The traffic islands also have enormous one inch drop-offs from the end of the ramps to the road surface.

I ended up having ride across the intersection at Camden Valley Way, then go up onto the traffic island on the northern side of the intersection, and then finally go across to join the pathway on Camden Valley Way to head back to Prestons.

The bridge on the bypass is one I ride across (both ways) but you are hopeful the traffic will be nice, they were for me.