Tuesday 30th September (m7 to prestons)

leximack

Tuesday 30th September (m7 to prestons)

Postby leximack » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:58 pm

since the wife will be away i am trying to get some riding in.
So, will be leaving at 6.30pm, get to corner m7/sunyhiolt rd at 6.40pm (so meet at usual spot at 6.40pm), then head down the cycleway to Prestons, wont be the mad frantic monday nigth pathway racer speed but will be a little more relaxed but with less stopping, estimate to eliz dr at 7.30 and then prestons at 8pm, with 1hr 30-1hr45min to return.
All are welcome but you will need to be able to average more than 27km/h as stops will be minimal and very short.
Post here if you would like to join.
Distance is approx 75-80km.
Don

scotty72

Postby scotty72 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am

Monday 6pm is very difficult

Tues 6:30 pm - I can

hopefully I'll see you

where exactly do you guys meet?

here?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ie=UT ... e64e286d4c

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:20 am

Hi Scotty, yes that is the exact meeting spot.
We will be meeting there at 6.40pm and leaving as soon as possible after that.
Hope to see you there

Don

sandman

Postby sandman » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:34 am

Don

We've got a problem looming at the end of the month. Panthers Cycling has its Crit racing starting Monday nights at 6:30pm for the summer season which probably means Jeff, Myself and hopefully Zozz/Booger/Rainer/Sandy will be attending too. Will mean a number of us are going to have to ride a different night to fit all this stuff in.

Just a heads up, footpath racing is an important part of this sport so we've gotta work around this :-)

Pete

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:50 am

sandman wrote:Don

We've got a problem looming at the end of the month. Panthers Cycling has its Crit racing starting Monday nights at 6:30pm for the summer season which probably means Jeff, Myself and hopefully Zozz/Booger/Rainer/Sandy will be attending too. Will mean a number of us are going to have to ride a different night to fit all this stuff in.

Just a heads up, footpath racing is an important part of this sport so we've gotta work around this :-)

Pete
no worries, i want to race at the crits also, will have to see what other day best suits for Pathway racing

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:54 am

Pete
Crit racing am I? :-) I think I'd have a very hard time getting from Nth Sydney to Penrith in 1-1.5 hrs depending on when I get out of the office (by car, I'm not that crazy). Interesting though.....
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:35 pm

G'Day Don I'll meet you at Eliz Drv again.
FPR Ragamuffin

leximack

Postby leximack » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:06 pm

Chuck wrote:G'Day Don I'll meet you at Eliz Drv again.
no problems, see you there

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:48 pm

Pete
Sounds like fun! Me Likey! :D

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

zozza wrote:

Pete
I think you'll go alright too zozz :wink:
FPR Ragamuffin

zozza

Re: Tuesday 30th September (m7 to prestons)

Postby zozza » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm

leximack wrote:since the wife will be away i am trying to get some riding in.
So, will be leaving at 6.30pm, get to corner m7/sunyhiolt rd at 6.40pm (so meet at usual spot at 6.40pm), then head down the cycleway to Prestons, wont be the mad frantic monday nigth pathway racer speed but will be a little more relaxed but with less stopping, estimate to eliz dr at 7.30 and then prestons at 8pm, with 1hr 30-1hr45min to return.
All are welcome but you will need to be able to average more than 27km/h as stops will be minimal and very short.
Post here if you would like to join.
Distance is approx 75-80km.
Don
See you at 6.40pm Don. :)

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:53 pm

Chuck wrote:
zozza wrote:

Pete
I think you'll go alright too zozz :wink:
Hehe..thanks Chuck

NotFlyingScot

Tue 30th M7

Postby NotFlyingScot » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:53 pm

With reluctance will not join you guys tonight, though looks like a lovely night for a ride. Pulled up a bit sore and stiff this morning and short ride to Blacktown did not make the legs feel any better. Heading down to Royal National Park later in the week for a few days to do some house painting AND hopefully some more hill work, there's a few good ones down there which I'm looking forward to testing myself on. Couple of recovery days probably best medicine for these old legs.
Enjoy.
NFS

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:11 pm

Thanks for the ride tonight zozza.

Sorry you couldn't make it tonight Don. Hope to see you all next Mon night.
FPR Ragamuffin

zozza

Postby zozza » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Hey Chuck, always a pleasure mate :) Twas a lovely night for a ride, no wind :o :o , Nice to meet you Scotty and Thanks for the company, hope you come along to Footpath Racing soon :)

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 am

glad you guys had a good time, sorry i didnt make it
I got home only to realise i had left my house keys at work. But the time i got keys and got inside it was after 7.30pm, was not much fun.

Don

sandman

Postby sandman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:11 pm

So Don stayed in, put the fluffy slippers on, shaved the legs, did his eyebrows and sipped on a Margarita...you've got it too good Don when the wife is away ;-)

Pete

leximack

Postby leximack » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:16 pm

sandman wrote:So Don stayed in, put the fluffy slippers on, shaved the legs, did his eyebrows and sipped on a Margarita...you've got it too good Don when the wife is away ;-)

Pete
actually turned out to be a nice quite night in the end.
Watched myself an episode of American Dad and 2 eps of Fringe. Was good to just relax and do nothing.

sandman

Postby sandman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:21 pm

leximack wrote:
sandman wrote:So Don stayed in, put the fluffy slippers on, shaved the legs, did his eyebrows and sipped on a Margarita...you've got it too good Don when the wife is away ;-)

Pete
actually turned out to be a nice quite night in the end.
Watched myself an episode of American Dad and 2 eps of Fringe. Was good to just relax and do nothing.
If you're going to start behaving like that I want the HTFU band back 8) :lol: :lol:

Chuck

Postby Chuck » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:58 pm

zozza wrote: Twas a lovely night for a ride, no wind :o :o ,

Nice to meet you Scotty

hope you come along to Footpath Racing soon :)
+1
FPR Ragamuffin

scotty72

Postby scotty72 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:08 am

Chuck wrote:
zozza wrote: Twas a lovely night for a ride, no wind :o :o ,

Nice to meet you Scotty

hope you come along to Footpath Racing soon :)
+1
Yeah, thanks fella's. It was good to meet you too.

Great ride, especially that rolling section between Horsley Drive and Old Wallgrove Rd. We were flying.

Hope to make it this Monday PM to meet the others too.

6pm there - right?