A few weeks of business...

DeeperBlue

A few weeks of business...

Postby DeeperBlue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Hey there, I'm a casual/light-competitive road/gravel rider from Cape Town, South Africa. I'm currently training for some 80-90km gravel trails but I'm being sent to Sydney by my company next week and then for 3 weeks in April. I really want to get training in... morning rides, weekend rides.

Does anyone have any tips of how I'd get my hands on a bike to do this? I don't mind renting as such, but most places I've found seem to be 24-48 hour places that would bankrupt me for a longer hire (South Africa Rands don't go far in Australia). Is that my only option?

Also, is there anywhere decent in/around Sydney to get some training in? I don't mind if it's road/cycle track, but some hills would be nice :) I'll probably be based in or around the CBD but if I can ride to the 'burbs that's OK.

Lastly, are there any groups of riders who do similar things I might be able to hook up with? I prefer riding in company just on the off chance of an accident etc.

Any feedback appreciated!

koshari

Re: A few weeks of business...

Postby koshari » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 pm

without a doubt you would likely be better off buying a 2nd hander, of coarse the usual caveets apply, possibly a member may have a "surplus" bike that he could come to an arrangement with.

DeeperBlue

Re: A few weeks of business...

Postby DeeperBlue » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:06 pm

koshari wrote:without a doubt you would likely be better off buying a 2nd hander, of coarse the usual caveets apply, possibly a member may have a "surplus" bike that he could come to an arrangement with.
I'd happily pay someone to ride their "surplus" bike for my 3-week stint :) Save it gathering dust in the corner! Question is how to find that member... hmm... maybe I'll need to post a WTB...