Cycling in Blue Mountains - April weekends

DeeperBlue

Cycling in Blue Mountains - April weekends

Postby DeeperBlue » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:41 pm

I'm here on business from Cape Town for 3 weeks and I have an MTB I've managed to borrow. I'm a moderate/average ability mountain biker, more comfortable on gravel/trails than highly technical stuff but reasonably fit and easily capable of 40-60km trail rides (or longer, on road).

Over the next couple of weekends I'm looking to get up into the Blue Mountains and do some trails, but the only thing is I'd rather not ride trails alone - especially ones I'm unfamiliar with. Can anyone advise how I might find a group that is riding in the Blue Mountains this weekend that I can tag along with? I'm not really sure where to start.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

DeeperBlue

Re: Cycling in Blue Mountains - April weekends

Postby DeeperBlue » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 pm

I should add, I'm staying in Newtown, so also looking for rides from this area too :)

tcdev

Re: Cycling in Blue Mountains - April weekends

Postby tcdev » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:20 pm

Haven't ridden them myself (yet) but a mate has and from Newtown you just need to jump on the train to take you to the start of The Oaks trail (one of the more popular and longer trails), and then hop back on the train at the end of the trail back to Newtown!

The only thing is that we've had a lot of rain in recent weeks, you should check that your chosen trail is actually open!
2015 Giant XTC Advanced 29er 1 (2016 frame)
2011 Schwinn Sporterra Comp
2021 Giant Contend AR1