Night Riding

Roger8

Night Riding

Postby Roger8 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi guys

I've recently started doing rides with a mate of mine twice a week and we are looking for routes/areas to cycle at night. We normally do a week night ride after work. We live out west and we've done areas between Penrith and Blacktown but we are looking for well lit paths to do about 20-30km's for a couple of hours. Are there are any other decent paths in Western Sydney?

tez001

Re: Night Riding

Postby tez001 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:45 am

There aren't many well lit paths that I can think of. The M7 is probably the only one where its continuous and fully lit.

Hergest

Postby Hergest » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:35 am

Yep, M7 is pretty much it for lit paths. There are plenty of road shoulders of course as well as the usual cycle paths but road lights peter out and a lot of cycle paths have no lighting at all.

Saying that though, with some decent lights and reflective clothing you are more visible at night on road shoulders than during daylight hours.
13 LynskeyR230 01 Lemond BuenosAires

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:00 am

Time to head off into the bush!
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:13 pm

Roger8 wrote:Hi guys

I've recently started doing rides with a mate of mine twice a week and we are looking for routes/areas to cycle at night. We normally do a week night ride after work. We live out west and we've done areas between Penrith and Blacktown but we are looking for well lit paths to do about 20-30km's for a couple of hours. Are there are any other decent paths in Western Sydney?
M7 will give you 38.9km from Bella Vista bollards to Camden Valley Way bollards, double if you do a return loop.

The whole way is well lit, but sometimes sections of lights can go out temporarily so do have lights on your bike.