Northern Beaches - Brookvale Master Plan

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Northern Beaches - Brookvale Master Plan

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:51 pm

The Norther Beaches Council is inviting residents to have their say. Take a look and put in a vote for convenient and safe bike infrastructure.
Brookvale is car based. A shift away from car dependency will increase the attractiveness of the centre to new and emerging businesses, residents and talent.
The Northern Beaches is characterised by a recreation lifestyle, and cycling is a large part of this. The Brookvale area is covered by the Warringah Bike Plan (2010). The Investigation Area is serviced by a bike network, however it is mainly located on existing roads. Opportunities should be investigated to develop a safer bike network thereby encouraging local trip movements to be made by bike rather than car, in turn encouraging more active transport usage.
http://yoursay.northernbeaches.nsw.gov. ... Masterplan

Issues with the plan:
• No real interest in actually created safe connected routes.
• The problem of congestion and cars is described and a goal of moving people to other transport, but the design still prioritises car travel.
• Safety of pedestrians and bike riders is unresolved.
• Liveable cities and urban areas create spaces for people.
Cycling is in my BNA

bomber

Re: Northern Beaches - Brookvale Master Plan

Postby bomber » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks for sharing. I have sent through my comments. Living in frenchs Forest I work a few days a week in Brookvale and cycle commute. It can be a mess often with no clear or safe routes.