NSW Future Transport 2056

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

NSW Future Transport 2056

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:07 am

Funny how they mention bike riding, walking and public transport and not cars.... but the reality and focus for today us that the NSW government is currently contradicting this with anti-bike approach, disinterest in pedestrian infrastructure, reduced public transport budget and billions to roads and toll roads that have a limited life span.

Apparently New Castle airport will take-over and be the major airport for the state and there are 8 millions people in would are all within 30 minutes of the city.... because in 2056 there are 3 cities.... the city (Now Eastern Habour City), Paramatta (Central River City) and a city further west (Western Parklands City) near the 'Western Airport'.

"With three city centers, people across greater Sydney would be able to easily access jobs and essential services within 30 minutes of where they live by walking, transport or public transport".

The Northern Beaches (which just needs an underground train connection along the beaches to the city) and an area I know well gives me a 2 hour commute to and from the city in peak hour with public transport. The current 'future' solution is a toll road. I would prefer to ride that route but the government is not looking after making bike riding a viable and safe transport option.... but 30 minutes by public transport, bike riding or walking.... means that big parts of Sydney are not parter of 'Greater Sydney'.

The main point is, apart from they fact the the NSW government is working against smart transport... that residents get to have their say.. there should be info here: https://future.transport.nsw.gov.au/
Cycling is in my BNA