Penrith Regatta centre

mountain tamer

Penrith Regatta centre

Postby mountain tamer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Hey guys,

just wondering if the track around the regatta center is open for public use all the time?.I wouldn't mind going down there for some training rides.

I assume that is may be closed occasionally for events but i was just wondering if it is a public facility?

cheers,

MT
The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple:...
The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

lonhro

Postby lonhro » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:36 pm

The Regatta Centre is generally open to the public. See the calender of events on their website to check when events are on.
2005 Giant TCR C1 / 2007 Giant XTC 2 / 1990(?) Apollo Vitesse

mountain tamer

Postby mountain tamer » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:47 pm

thanks mate

Supblek

Postby Supblek » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Does it cost anything to use it? Would you have to pay an entry fee for parking?

sandman

Postby sandman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:36 pm

Nah, its free to use. No event, just ride through the gate, if you drive, no charge for parking.....its sweet :-)

Pete

mountain tamer

Postby mountain tamer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:40 pm

are their lots of uptight, snobby team racers doing laps all the time? or is it pretty much empty?

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:12 am

Most racers dont ride there because of the problem of falling asleep & hitting a duck while trying to stay awake while riding :lol: Only race there cause they wont let us play in the traffic anymore :roll: Seriously but its a great place to ride with no dramas of cars in your way.Just ducks & kids on 12inch bikes doing doughys at the bubbler stops.
cheers Jeff

bmxbandito

Postby bmxbandito » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:19 am

mountain tamer wrote:are their lots of uptight, snobby team racers doing laps all the time? or is it pretty much empty?
Hey pete are you one of those uptigt snobby team racers :?: :lol: I know Im not I wave to much & I hate teams & theres no team in hurtbox.I reckon Zozza could be one but. :lol: Colnago rider & all :D

zozza

Postby zozza » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:38 am

I stick my nose up at that remark :lol: Ur mistaking me for a Bianchi rider :?: :P :D

sandman

Postby sandman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 am

zozza wrote:I stick my nose up at that remark :lol: Ur mistaking me for a Bianchi rider :?: :P :D
Zozz, it could be one of those "Poontang" Cervelo Guys ? :-) Even though we all kick back on the Hurtbox Lounge, its an individual thing, some stay for a short time, some stay a lifetime :-) I must admitt riding with BMXBandito I dont need a Navman to find the hurtbox anymore

As far as snob teams out there, if you ride next to someone and they dont say "Hello" in return, pump through the spokes. Everyone has said hello out there and they dont ride in teams either. I've never seen anyone training in the "Hurtbox" out there but I tend not to go out there much anymore as I dont think there is much to be achieved unless you jsut want to get familiar with the "racetrack" :-)

Pete

mountain tamer

Postby mountain tamer » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 am

thanks guys,

I mainly want to use it for when I get a road bike soon, I want a place where I can do noobish stuff without getting hit by a semi or laughed at by motorists. I ride a lot of MTB but I want to build up my fitness so I can be more competitive and also so I can go on some group road rides.

sandman

Postby sandman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Mountain Tamer

Go for it, I started there when i got my road bike, spent a few months out there and then ventured out into the big bad world of hills and roads :-)

Cheers..Pete