Brightest rear red LED light - Recommend please.

Re: Brightest rear red LED light - Recommend please.

Postby Machoman121 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Just read the lastest September Bicycling issue and they said 40% of cyclist accidents were from being struck behind! That was the largest percentage - the 2nd largest was 21% right angle impact. Also interesting was that in the rural area the non-intersection roads (straight roads) had 3.6 times more incidents than at intersections. We were wrong about how much safer it is to ride in the outback with fewer cars and straighter roads !!!!!!

The urban results were more even - intersections had similar number of incidents to non-intersections. And there were more incidents in Urban vs Rural though.

So being rear-ended is a real strong possibility. I'm narrowing my choice down to either the Moon or the ES601 beacon.
Machoman121

by BNA » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:26 pm

BNA

Postby softy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:26 pm

PDW
Danger zone, run two of them on the back with different flashing modes.

Why PDW, they are waterproof, did l say they are waterproof, I have tried a number of moon products, they are not waterproof. If you don't ride in the rain moon are okay.

PDW, Dangerzone, has a unique flash pattern which goes slow then fast, very eye catching. Also the plastic is quality, no brittle plastics that break easy.

Two half watt LED lights which can be seen from the side.
Good peripheral vison for a rear light.

Only thing it is not rechargable, but I bought some AA rechargable batteries for it.

Well thats my suggestion
softy

Postby Machoman121 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:43 pm

Anybody owned a Serfas USL-TL80 TAIL LIGHT? It's rated to 80 lumens! Isn't that very bright? On the box it says visible up to 1 mile !!!!!!
Machoman121

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:04 pm

softy wrote:Why PDW, they are waterproof, did l say they are waterproof, I have tried a number of moon products, they are not waterproof. If you don't ride in the rain moon are okay.

I have a Moon Gem 3.0 tail light and X500 front light and neither have had any issues in the rain.
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.
ldrcycles

Previous

Return to Victoria