AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

07 - 09.03.2009 - DP Festival of Cycling - Dinner Plain, Vic

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:14 am

Forward Event Information

------------

DP Festival of Cycling, MARCH 7-9, 2009, Dinner Plain, Victoria

The third annual DP Festival of Cycling is set to challenge road cycling enthusiasts over the Victorian Labour Day long weekend.

The festival includes the Hotham Challenge Ride, Ridewiser coaching clinic, mechanical workshop, official welcome drinks and post Hotham Challenge Ride BBQ lunch plus massages and treatments at the Onsen Retreat and Spa.

Based out of the alpine village of Dinner Plain, 5 hours north east of Melbourne and 12 kms from Hotham Alpine Resort, the Festival will focus on riding through the spectacular scenery of the Australian Alps along the Great Alpine Road.

Riders of all levels are welcome to participate with each ride fully supported by Olympian Rob Crowe and his Ridewiser cycling team. On Sunday riders choose from one of the three courses in the Hotham Challenge Ride including Dinner Plain to Buckland Gap Gate Entry return (45km), Dinner Plain to Harrietville return (82km), Dinner Plain to Bright return (128km).

On the Labour Day Monday, participants can take a leisurely ride to the Blue Duck Inn in Anglers Rest enjoy a BBQ lunch by the Mitta Mitta, a few glasses of wine and then be transported back to Dinner Plain in the afternoon.

Hotham’s Jodie Timbs was a first timer at the event last March and said, ‘I had the greatest weekend. The challenge ride was truly a challenge but the support of the Ridewiser professionals really helped me through the tough parts.

‘You get to know everyone through the workshops and social events before the actual challenge ride, so when you finish the ride it’s so rewarding riding into a group of new friends cheering you on,’ said Jodie of the 2008 event.

Entry per rider is from $160 including a 2XU official event jersey, Ridewiser Coaching Clinic, mechanical workshop, Hotham Challenge Ride, support crew, post ride event lunch and event show bag.

For more information or to register visit www.hotham.com.au/cycling
Cycling is in my BNA