Melbourne this morning

Melbourne this morning

Postby provoked » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 am

Anyone ride their daily commute (Melbourne or others) this morning? Was out by 5.45 AM, and goddamn my fingers are still cold!
Giant TCR Alliance 2 '09

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. - John Milton
provoked

by BNA » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 pm

BNA

Re: Melbourne this morning

Postby drubie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 pm

provoked wrote:Anyone ride their daily commute (Melbourne or others) this morning? Was out by 5.45 AM, and goddamn my fingers are still cold!

Heh. Winter gloves and leg warmers came out for the first time on the commute up here in New England. I think it's colder now than it was this morning though :roll:

Next week it'll be the ear warmer. Then the extra layer under the jacket. Then the balaclava after that...
So we get the leaders we deserve and we elect, we get the companies and the products that we ask for, right? And we have to ask for different things. – Paul Gilding
but really, that's rubbish. We get none of it because the choices are illusory.
drubie

Postby goneriding » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Not exactly sunbathing weather in Sydney this morning (at 5.45am). Couldn't feel my toes for about half an hour after I stopped.
goneriding

Postby grnis200 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:10 pm

drubie wrote:
provoked wrote:Anyone ride their daily commute (Melbourne or others) this morning? Was out by 5.45 AM, and goddamn my fingers are still cold!

Heh. Winter gloves and leg warmers came out for the first time on the commute up here in New England. I think it's colder now than it was this morning though :roll:

Next week it'll be the ear warmer. Then the extra layer under the jacket. Then the balaclava after that...

I left at 7.45am with just a s/s, gillet and gloves. Feet got cold feet but loved the ride.

Wussed out tonight though, thought heavy rain was coming (left Melb at 5.45pm) and got a lift to the station from work, and got collected from the station.

The whole way home on the crowded train I thought, should've ridden.

Probably good I didn't, but why would you want to commute on a train or car when you could ride????
Weekends: Giant TCR Advanced SL1 - Full carbon, Dura-ace, Custom 50mm tubulars
Commute: Giant TCR Alliance 1 - Carbon / Alloy Frame, full Ultegra G/set, Dura-ace 24mm CL rims, AYUP lights
grnis200

Postby provoked » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:33 pm

:)

I hate taking the train/taxi home with a bike, feel like im cheating. I stuck it out and rode home. Freaky stuff though - fingers froze on the way to work this morning, but on the way home it was my feet that got frozen!
Giant TCR Alliance 2 '09

The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make heaven of Hell, and a hell of Heaven. - John Milton
provoked

Postby Mulger bill » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Looking out the window from work ATM, I'm sorta glad I'm off injured for a while.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Rek » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:08 pm

5:45 o_O

Leaving around 9 the rain had stopped, though I almost swerved into a parked car trying to avoid a dead possum. Coming home was more interesting, getting caught in a bit of rain and finding out an AA minimag is really not enough for a front light. A few minutes after I got in the rain got much heavier. I'm loving my new Gore Helium vest, comfortable and warm. For some reason there was a strip of elastic in the pocket.
Rek

Postby provoked » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Yep. 5.45. Was still dark also, and I've also come to realise I need a new light also (and a jacket, gloves, portable heater).

Also copped the headwind on the way home - although after all that cold and pushing, I feel good about pushing along - HTFU for me!
Giant TCR Alliance 2 '09

provoked

Return to Victoria