New MTB trail at Langawarrin Fauna Park

bowiesimon

New MTB trail at Langawarrin Fauna Park

Postby bowiesimon » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:24 am

Howdy all MTB freaks.

We are in the process of lobbying the Frankston City Council, Victorian State Government and Bike Vic, to install a network of MTB trails within the Langwarin Flora dn Fauna Park. At present the trails are basic and very short. So......we've started an online petition and hope to get as many sig's as possible before we make our formal submission.
This is not a joke, it is a serious attempt made by a group of responsible, professional people wanting to improve MTB facilities in the south-east suburbs.

Please go and sign the petition - we only started it late last night: http://www.petitiononline.com/lffmtb09/petition.html

-Bowie

kukamunga

Re: New MTB trail at Langawarrin Fauna Park

Postby kukamunga » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 am

Aren't they very sandy tracks in there ? It's been over nine years since I rode down that way

The Kananook Creek, Seaford foreshore, Edithvale Wetlands, the Pines F&F and freeway reservation trails are ones I used to incorporate in rides I used to do down that way

bowiesimon

Re: New MTB trail at Langawarrin Fauna Park

Postby bowiesimon » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Some are sandy but the best MTB trail in there i an absolute pearler called the 'Owen Dawson Walk' - a narrow, twisty turny up and down very technical test of skill. Problem is it only lasts about ten minutes tops. I think there's room in there to make an additional 10-15k's of tight trails without harming the park.
6 signatures and growing - please sign the petition!!!

-Bowie