Cyclocrossers!

Cyclocrossers!

Postby brendan » Mon May 17, 2010 4:52 pm

might be interested in this:

http://dirtydeedscx.blogspot.com/

(presented in conjunction with brunswick cycling club. CA license required / 3 ride permits available cheap. corner marshals. flags. bunting. witches hats. flashing lights and sirens. CSV insurance. how's that sound, whingers?)

flyer:

Last edited by brendan on Sun May 30, 2010 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brendan

by BNA » Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm

BNA

Re: Cyclocrossers!

Postby master6 » Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm

Can you tell me the cost of 3 ride permits please? Can you still buy a 1ride permit?
master6

Postby Missy24 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:48 pm

brendan wrote:(presented in conjunction with brunswick cycling club. CA license required / 3 ride permits available cheap. corner marshals. flags. bunting. witches hats. flashing lights and sirens. CSV insurance. how's that sound, whingers?)

Dull....

:lol:
Missy24

Postby Dahondude » Fri May 21, 2010 12:02 pm

brendan wrote:(presented in conjunction with brunswick cycling club. CA license required / 3 ride permits available cheap. corner marshals. flags. bunting. witches hats. flashing lights and sirens. CSV insurance. how's that sound, whingers?)

Hey Brendan

Us whingers were just trying to point out the legal issues you might face if/when things stop being fun and someone gets hurt. I love bike racing and I only do it cos the money I pay gives me and the organisers a shed load of insurance if I hurt myself or someone else. Its not the racing per se I/we are against, just the implications for organisers/participants if things go wrong.

And Missy as a moderator should you be stirring the pot? Should you be taking the piss out of people who want to get a buzz out of racing but do it with some safety provisions in place? Do you wear a seatbelt, a bike helmet, look before you cross the road, or is that dull as well ????
Schwinn Madison single speed
Trek 1500
Centurion Equaliser
Avanti MTB converted to single speed
Dahondude

Postby Missy24 » Fri May 21, 2010 12:49 pm

Dahondude wrote:

And Missy as a moderator should you be stirring the pot? Should you be taking the piss out of people who want to get a buzz out of racing but do it with some safety provisions in place? Do you wear a seatbelt, a bike helmet, look before you cross the road, or is that dull as well ????

if you have a problem with the way I conduct myself on these forums take it up with a moderator... Not me... Cause It doesn't work like that, I will not follow through on a complaint made about me... That would be stupid.

You are however attacking me for no particular reason, because I made one comment that didn't rest well with your cotton wool beliefs.

What's it cost to make a phone call these days?
Missy24

Postby master6 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:53 pm

Cyclocrossers? Are they one up, or one down the food chain from Crossdressers, or one and the same? :D
master6

Postby alchemist » Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm

The answer is yes; sometimes they're one up, some times they're one down and some times they are crossdressers. Irregardless, they are above roadies, equal with trackies, but below mountain bikers. :)
alchemist

Postby master6 » Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 pm

alchemist wrote:The answer is yes; sometimes they're one up, some times they're one down and some times they are crossdressers. Irregardless, they are above roadies, equal with trackies, but below mountain bikers. :)

Irregardless..! I suppose I asked for that one.
master6

Postby stevepedlin » Fri May 21, 2010 8:02 pm

Give the guy a break guys :!:

Dull

^Most unbecoming of a moderator, should know better.

All the best to the participants in the cyclocross events. :) 8)
stevepedlin

Postby master6 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:18 pm

master6 wrote:Can you tell me the cost of 3 ride permits please? Can you still buy a 1ride permit?

Anyone know?
master6

Postby brendan » Fri May 21, 2010 10:44 pm

usually three ride permits are 55 bucks.

we'll be subsidizing them and selling them for 30.

no, you can't get a one ride permit. unfortunately. sorry.

Missy24 wrote:

Dull....

lolz!

instead we'll have mud! cold! bingles! heckling! cowbells! cyclists carrying their bikes! men in dresses! it will rule!

ps. i love you missy...
brendan

Postby RobRollin » Fri May 21, 2010 11:00 pm

stevepedlin wrote:Give the guy a break guys :!:

Dull

I dont think you should be wading in with these comments. If you have a sarcastic comment or don't like a comment from a mod then report the thread. Disrespecting mods are not seen in a good light.
RobRollin

Postby brendan » Sat May 22, 2010 8:24 am

RobRollin wrote:
not understanding a mod's jokes is not seen in a good light.

fixed that for you!
brendan

Postby stevepedlin » Sat May 22, 2010 8:45 am

RobRollin wrote:
stevepedlin wrote:Give the guy a break guys :!:

Dull

I dont think you should be wading in with these comments. If you have a sarcastic comment or don't like a comment from a mod then report the thread. Disrespecting mods are not seen in a good light.

Rob, I feel you have taken it in the wrong way, far to personally, that's your responsibility, and not mine. :wink: :)
Mods have a responsibility to set examples in online persona, usually its time and experience that teaches a moderator how to react, or not... The mod already proclaimed she would plain ignore any complaints or criticism directed toward her, so there was no point in a PM or report. Besides, i see my post as not sarcastic or disrespectful in any way, but a simple reminder. Only submitted because I've been there on site admin and moderation teams of LARGE forums myself, that experience gives you a perspective of seeing the big picture of a forums atmosphere, culture and development, and where it has problems in its admin resources. This forum is still taking baby steps, its evident in the Admins regular enforcement and dependency on its TOS, rather than letting things run there course and finding calm moderators that can PM a request for a post review, rather than being trigger happy.

'Tis the right of basic free speech, if you don't like it, please ignore it! - not all of us are craving attention here. :)
stevepedlin

Postby Chaderotti » Sat May 22, 2010 11:55 am

Steve I don't understand which nazi regime you come from but we here use things called 'smilies' (you may have seen them on the right hand side when making a post) to add mood or attitude to our posts.
The more you know Image
Princess
Mistress = Pinarello Opera, Ultegra SL
Mistress #2 = Drag Bluebird
Chaderotti

Postby master6 » Sat May 22, 2010 3:08 pm

brendan wrote:usually three ride permits are 55 bucks.

we'll be subsidizing them and selling them for 30.

no, you can't get a one ride permit. unfortunately. sorry.

Missy24 wrote:

Dull....

lolz!

instead we'll have mud! cold! bingles! heckling! cowbells! cyclists carrying their bikes! men in dresses! it will rule!

ps. i love you missy...

There seems to be some inconsistency regarding short term racing licences. THey are administered by Cycling Australia , I believe, but are $44 for 3days, and $33 for 1 day in some states, while another state says 1 day licences are not available. I am not suggesting there is any complicity in this by Brendan, but I think the State cycling bodies and CA need to clarify the rules, and reasons for them.
Last edited by master6 on Sat May 22, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
master6

Postby brendan » Sat May 22, 2010 6:04 pm

thanks for your input, but really, i answered your question. if you think we're ripping you off, pm me and i'll explain the intricacies of dealing with CSV. this thread has been derailed enough already.

once again, pls keep this thread for comments about cyclocross, whether or not you're going to race it, and how awesome it is.
brendan

Postby master6 » Mon May 24, 2010 6:39 pm

brendan wrote:thanks for your input, but really, i answered your question. if you think we're ripping you off, pm me and i'll explain the intricacies of dealing with CSV. this thread has been derailed enough already.

once again, pls keep this thread for comments about cyclocross, whether or not you're going to race it, and how awesome it is.

Thanks Brendan, I have accepted your invitation and sent you a PM
master6

Postby brendan » Mon May 24, 2010 9:25 pm

received and replied! though not particularly well. time is pressing - i have to go do the dishes.
brendan

Postby Missy24 » Fri May 28, 2010 12:12 pm

Dahondude wrote:

Not a moderator anymore :twisted:
stevepedlin wrote:Mods have a responsibility to set examples in online persona, usually its time and experience that teaches a moderator how to react, or not... The mod already proclaimed she would plain ignore any complaints or criticism directed toward her, so there was no point in a PM or report. Besides, i see my post as not sarcastic or disrespectful in any way, but a simple reminder. Only submitted because I've been there on site admin and moderation teams of LARGE forums myself, that experience gives you a perspective of seeing the big picture of a forums atmosphere, culture and development, and where it has problems in its admin resources. This forum is still taking baby steps, its evident in the Admins regular enforcement and dependency on its TOS, rather than letting things run there course and finding calm moderators that can PM a request for a post review, rather than being trigger happy.

'Tis the right of basic free speech, if you don't like it, please ignore it! - not all of us are craving attention here. :)

I specifically left the duties of being a mod to say to you, "boo hoo sooky lalalalalalalalalalalalala." and :twisted:
Missy24

Postby master6 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:03 pm

I get hot under the collar sometimes (or too often) but after a few days it all seems to be unimportant. Hopefully that does not indicate oncoming dementia!
Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job. They will always be wrong in someones eyes, but thankfully they try to do a job for the rest of us.
I am totally happy with them right now, and that will last until my next unhappiness with them, and then I will get over it again. and...............................shall I continue?
master6

Postby Missy24 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:14 pm

master6 wrote:I get hot under the collar sometimes (or too often) but after a few days it all seems to be unimportant. Hopefully that does not indicate oncoming dementia!
Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job. They will always be wrong in someones eyes, but thankfully they try to do a job for the rest of us.
I am totally happy with them right now, and that will last until my next unhappiness with them, and then I will get over it again. and...............................shall I continue?

I don't care... I'm not a mod.
Missy24

Postby im_no_pro » Fri May 28, 2010 4:40 pm

master6 wrote:Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job. They will always be wrong in someones eyes, but thankfully they try to do a job for the rest of us.

Love it, I might put that in my sig.
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby master6 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Missy24 wrote:
master6 wrote:I get hot under the collar sometimes (or too often) but after a few days it all seems to be unimportant. Hopefully that does not indicate oncoming dementia!

I don't care... I'm not a mod.

Hey Missy, you do care, and that is why you replied. I am sorry, I should have put a few smileys in the last post, so here they are :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
How is life in Brunswick? I was a member of the Brunswick ACC in 65/66, with many happy memories from the time. I see Mr Alf Walker is still there. I soaked up all his words of wisdom back in my youth. What a great club. Have fun, and please keep us up to date with reports of your cycling adventures
master6

Postby Missy24 » Fri May 28, 2010 5:58 pm

Ok I care, but from now on I'm gonna be much more sarcastic and even more annoying than I was before....

Sorry Brenden but I'm really good at getting things off topic round here

:twisted:
Missy24

Next

Return to Victoria