Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:05 pm
After starting at a new job, I was pleased to find out there were a few people interested in cycling there. A person who had done a few ATB's before did a round up for this year's ride, 210km Sorrento no ferry, and I thought I'd give it a shot, even though I hadn't done it before.
Unfortunately, he has just informed me due to surgery, he can't ride the ATB this year. I'm a little bit more nervous now considering I haven't done ATB before and was depending on his experience.
I'm looking for training partners to prepare and ride on the day with. I'm by no means a pro...so for your consideration, here are some more info about me...
1) At most done 90kms non stop averaging 29 km/h, st kilda to frankston oliver's hill.
2) Can do Southgate to Mordialloc non stop averaging 33 km/h.
3) Reside in Mitcham but can drive to training location.
Hope there are some people out there that can reduce this fear..................but there's nothing stopping me from riding even if I have to do it myself.
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:17 am
There's a couple of regular rides from the neighbouring suburbs of Ringwood & Canterbury(week days).
By the sounds of your ability you should be fine with the ATB.
As I think it's more like two 100km rides as the time lost in the queue and actual ferry crossing is a great breather.
You might try and get some hills in too before October. There's a good 60km loop from Mitcham & Whitehorse rds to 1:20 then over to Olinda, Montrose, Croydon and then back to Mitcham!!
I hope this helps
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users