ATB Partner Can't Ride Anymore...

noisuf

ATB Partner Can't Ride Anymore...

Postby noisuf » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:20 pm

Hi All,

After starting at a new job, I was pleased to find out there were a few people interested in cycling there. A person who had done a few ATB's before did a round up for this year's ride, 210km Sorrento no ferry, and I thought I'd give it a shot, even though I hadn't done it before.

Unfortunately, he has just informed me due to surgery, he can't ride the ATB this year. I'm a little bit more nervous now considering I haven't done ATB before and was depending on his experience.

I'm looking for training partners to prepare and ride on the day with. I'm by no means a pro...so for your consideration, here are some more info about me...

1) At most done 90kms non stop averaging 29 km/h, st kilda to frankston oliver's hill.

2) Can do Southgate to Mordialloc non stop averaging 33 km/h.

3) Reside in Mitcham but can drive to training location.

Hope there are some people out there that can reduce this fear..................but there's nothing stopping me from riding even if I have to do it myself. :)

Fraggle

Re: ATB Partner Can't Ride Anymore...

Postby Fraggle » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Have you checked out the BV forum.

There's a couple of regular rides from the neighbouring suburbs of Ringwood & Canterbury(week days).

By the sounds of your ability you should be fine with the ATB.
As I think it's more like two 100km rides as the time lost in the queue and actual ferry crossing is a great breather.

You might try and get some hills in too before October. There's a good 60km loop from Mitcham & Whitehorse rds to 1:20 then over to Olinda, Montrose, Croydon and then back to Mitcham!!

I hope this helps

Safe riding.

noisuf

Re: ATB Partner Can't Ride Anymore...

Postby noisuf » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Thanks Fraggle for the advice, I'll check out the BV forum!!!