Bridge Road Richmond

Bridge Road Richmond

Postby neild » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Has anyone else found the works they are doing along Bridge Road in the city bound lane absolutely appalling? For those that haven't seen it, they have had to do water main works (I'm assuming that's what it is) and because of the poor job they have done in resurfacing the road, you now basically have to ride in the right hand lane. This is no doubt going to end up with a number of close calls with drivers passing too close and getting annoyed at being slowed down.

I cant believe that they can be allowed to leave the road in such a condition. Never been a letter writer before but seriously considering penning something to the local MP.

No question or anything in this post, just a general rant to get it out of my system!
Norco VFR1 Disc, Merida 903, Mofo Single Speed, Giant MTB, soon to be vintage Gazelle fixie
neild

by BNA » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:13 am

BNA

Re: Bridge Road Richmond

Postby Gunlock » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:13 am

I work on Bridge road and commute through there to get to Uni.

Trust me, i feel your pain.
Currently riding:
2010 Malvern Star Oppy C6
2012 Cube LTD Pro 29er
2012 Merida TimeWarp 4
2013 Kona Paddy Wagon
Gunlock

Postby Uncle Just » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 am

Yes rode it yesterday and I agree it is sloppy work. Maybe they're waiting to fix it up for some reason or have to dig it up again. I live in Richmond and it has some of the oldest underground infrastructure around. There is much more intensive development about to be built throughout the area and I daresay they will be digging up roads for the next few years to upgrade capacity.

Been along Chapel St recently? It is bad at the best of times but with current road works, Bridge Rd's surface is preferable.
Uncle Just

Postby neild » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:52 am

Yeah, I'm hopeful that this is just a temporary fix until they resurface the entire thing (wishful thinking). The thing that annoys me is that sloppy work seems to be the SOP for a lot of road works these days.

Rode along Chapel St the othe week actually. I had forgotten how bad that was too. These are major major roads that carry a lot of traffic, and add Trams into the mix and I know its not a simple task to resurface, but what you end up with is patch on top of patch. I'll just be pleased when they reopen the Walmer St bridge over the Yarra so I can bypass that section.
Norco VFR1 Disc, Merida 903, Mofo Single Speed, Giant MTB, soon to be vintage Gazelle fixie
neild

Postby cinnyis » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:17 pm

That's good to know, please let us know what your MP says if you get any explanation or ETA on when it'll be fixed.

I live off Bridge road, but I commute along Swan st because I work in Southbank (And because I'm sick of all the detours taking me on and off the Yarra Trail ATM :x ). I've noticed lots of people commute along Bridge road and thought of doing it myself because I find it tough along Swan st after crossing Church st because of the trams and banked up cars. I was going to give Bridge road a go, but I think I'll put it off till something is done about this.
Dey see me rollin'
o__ ~~
_>/ _ ~~~
(_)\(_) ~~~~ Dey hatin'
cinnyis

Return to Victoria