Loaner bike 58cm or so

Loaner bike 58cm or so

Postby casual_cyclist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:16 am

I have a bit of a problem in that the loaner bike I had arranged for my Melbourne trip has fallen through. I was wondering if I could possibly loan a old steel framed bike for a couple of rides. The type of thing I am looking for is steel, 7 speed, lots of spokes etc... my size is around 58cm but I have ridden smaller with the seat up.

I'm not sure if one will be available but I would really appreciate it is there is one I could borrow. I'm Melbourne next week and the rides are on the weekend.

Thanks in advance!

Greg
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

by BNA » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:29 pm

BNA

Re: Loaner bike 58cm or so

Postby Rek » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:29 pm

I think it's actually closer to 60cm. This photo is a little out of date. At the moment it's got 8spd STI shifters (6400) and Mavic Aksiums (20 spokes front and rear). I still have the wheels in the photo, but they take a screw on freewheel which doesn't index properly with the shifters. Also, the right shifter/brake blade rattles but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

You're welcome to borrow it if you like.
Rek

Postby Parker » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 pm

I'll check if we've got something you can borrow at the shop
Parker

Postby casual_cyclist » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Rek wrote:Image

I think it's actually closer to 60cm. This photo is a little out of date. At the moment it's got 8spd STI shifters (6400) and Mavic Aksiums (20 spokes front and rear). I still have the wheels in the photo, but they take a screw on freewheel which doesn't index properly with the shifters. Also, the right shifter/brake blade rattles but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

You're welcome to borrow it if you like.

That would be awesome! Thanks! I might have tracked one down but I will let you know if the other one falls through. Thanks again!
<removed by request>
casual_cyclist

Return to Victoria