Point Cook (Melb) weekend rides

Jousting Stiks

Re: Point Cook (Melb) weekend rides

Postby Jousting Stiks » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Scouller wrote:Is there still a ride that leaves Sundays at 730 from library at the plaza?
Yep 7.30 Sundays from the library and 7.00 Saturday mornings from the Bicycle Super Store in Hoppers. That said the Saturday morning start gets pushed back to 7.30 at some point soon so if you turn up at 6.55 and no one is there roll around for another half hour and everyone will turn up.

SteveF

Postby SteveF » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 am

Some more information that may be of assistance.

The Saturday ride starts at Bicycle Superstore in Hoppers at 7.00am and will change to 7.30am in May/June. Usually a bunch of 20 plus riders riding around 100kms and heading out west which eventually breaks up into 2 or 3 bunches that ride together and support each other. There is a half way meeting point where all riders regroup and then set off for the remainder of the ride. The tastest group would average around 32kms with the remaining bunch somewhere between 25kms to 28kms.

The Sunday ride starts at the Werribee library at the Plaza always at 7.30am. Usually a bunch of 10 riders who ride a local route of around 50kms and would average 25kms to 28 kms. This is essentially the recovery ride after Saturday's ride.

A diverse group of riders who will welcome all new riders and ensure they don't ride on their own.

Terry is the Ridemaster (so ask for him) who will introduce and assist all new riders.

nyeholt

Postby nyeholt » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:20 pm

So, finally made the move down here to Point Cook - thread's a little quiet though! I notice there's been a bit of a split, what are the group ride options these days?

jamesn184

Point Cook (Melb) weekend rides

Postby jamesn184 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am

Ill be due to move out to point cook in June/July, I'd be mainly looking for something on Mondays/Fridays tho. But I should be fit enough to try the Saturday ride thats ran by bicycle superstore..
Will miss my jaunts down to black rock and back from Newport tho :(

theprofessor

Postby theprofessor » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 am

Hi everyone. Some of us have moved over to Facebook and we continue to ride Saturday mornings. usually we leave from point cook town centre at 7.30am. best to check the Facebook page first though. search for point cook road cycling group. All the best. Steve

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:37 pm

nyeholt wrote:So, finally made the move down here to Point Cook - thread's a little quiet though! I notice there's been a bit of a split, what are the group ride options these days?
welcome.. 8)

This saturday I am riding to the you yangs and back.
For those interested, pm me.
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

Harsha

Postby Harsha » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:12 am

HI

I am from point cook & i am new to road bike , i would like to know & join road bike group in and around point cook. as i am new i cant make 50 + KM kind of rides. I see people have shared some groups which starts from hoppers crossing , what is the process to join these group or is it i can just rock up on that particular day. Please let me know
Please excuse if this request is repetitive.

thanks
Harsha

jedmkell79

Postby jedmkell79 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:48 pm

damhooligan wrote:
nyeholt wrote:So, finally made the move down here to Point Cook - thread's a little quiet though! I notice there's been a bit of a split, what are the group ride options these days?
welcome.. 8)

Hi Johan -
Have read through the posts and am interested in joining the "social" novice riding group. Are you guys riding this weekend to the You Yangs? If so, can I tag along and what are the details (starting point and time).

Kind regards,
JK

speedhump

Postby speedhump » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:40 pm

jedmkell79 wrote:
damhooligan wrote:
welcome.. 8)

Hi Johan -
Have read through the posts and am interested in joining the "social" novice riding group. Are you guys riding this weekend to the You Yangs? If so, can I tag along and what are the details (starting point and time).

Kind regards,
JK
Hi JK

The Point Cook Road Bike Group now operate throught a closed group on Facebook, however they average around 30kmh and a distance of 60 to 80km. Not sure if Johan is still riding with a group but the You Yangs ride didn't last long. There is a Wyndham BUG group that rides occasionally and they cater for the novice short distance etc. You can also check out the BV forums
https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/forum ... m.php?f=16
These are varying rides from novice to advanced but mainly happen on the other side of town. Good luck