Point Cook (Melb) weekend rides

damhooligan

Re: Point Cook (Melb) weekend rides

Postby damhooligan » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:45 pm

migz05 wrote:Hi,

who's keen on going this saturday? i wanna break in my recent purchase. Of course also getting to know some of you guys. also is anyone keen on going in any of the rides in around the bay in a day?

Got different plans for saturday, but it includes riding.. :D

If you do the ride saturday, ask the guys.
They also ride an unofficial version of around the bay.. 8)
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

migz05

Postby migz05 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:25 am

oberresford wrote:Hi Guys,

I am also from around the Point Cook area (Seabrook to be exact) and try to get out most weekends to do a ride, I generally end up doing a circuit around werribee south.

I usually only average around 25km/h over about 35-50km. I've never done any group riding before but would like to give it a go and make rides a bit more interesting. Im trying to build up to doing a 100km around the bay.

It looks like there are a few people from Point Cook, any plans for a group ??

Cheers,
Ollie :)

there are no plans from what i can make out but that doesn't mean we can't organise one? i don't mind if even just a group of us get together and ride to the starting point for one of the rides in hoppers crossing as suggested by one of the other guys. So who's interested and up for a ride this weekend?
Giant TCR Advanced 1 2011
Malvern Star Switch 29-3

spec58

Postby spec58 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Hey guys
I'm up for it this saturday those from point cook if we all met somewhere maybe town centre then rode to hoppers together let me know if anyone is intersted??
i havnt been riding for very long only a couple of months but i think i can do the distance, i'll also be coming straight from night shift so lets hope i have an easy night haha..

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 pm

spec58 wrote:Hey guys
I'm up for it this saturday those from point cook if we all met somewhere maybe town centre then rode to hoppers together let me know if anyone is intersted??
i havnt been riding for very long only a couple of months but i think i can do the distance, i'll also be coming straight from night shift so lets hope i have an easy night haha..

I like the idea, but have different plans for tomorow.
How about next saturday?

We can meet at the town centre, and ride to williamstown and back. (or altona if the distance is to far)
And we ride at the pace of the slowest.. 8)
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Hi guys Im heading out from Alamanda Cafe on Snydes Road around 9 tomorrow if anyones interested. Look to do distance of 30-50 km around Werribee South beach etc. Meet you there if your interested. Colin.

ecosse

Postby ecosse » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi guys,
I am up for a run from Point Cook town centre next Saturday (30th) out to Williamstown or elsewhere. Did something similar yesterday but came back via Spotswood-Altona North-Millers Road-Federation Trail to Hoppers Crossing-Point Cook, a good 60km or so.
There appears to be a few of us in the Point Cook area looking to get out a bit more often, hope we can all catch up soon.
cheers
Ecosse

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi Ecosse, looks like a bit of local interest so if anyone else is keen to hit the road lets meet next Saturday 30th weather permitting at Point Cook Town Centre. Look to do 50 or so km's at a pace suitable for all. 9.00 - 9.15am out the front of Degani Coffee Shop near the Coles shopping centre entrance. Hope to meet a few of you there. Regards Colin.

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:33 pm

Ozzie wrote:Hi Ecosse, looks like a bit of local interest so if anyone else is keen to hit the road lets meet next Saturday 30th weather permitting at Point Cook Town Centre. Look to do 50 or so km's at a pace suitable for all. 9.00 - 9.15am out the front of Degani Coffee Shop near the Coles shopping centre entrance. Hope to meet a few of you there. Regards Colin.
Hi colin, can I suggest 1 time without a 15 min window? lets say 9. ?
not keen of waiting 15 min in this weather..... :oops:

I wil be there unless something comes up, if it does I wil post it in here...

regards, johan
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi Johan 9.00 is fine by me. Hopefully the weather is kind. Colin.

oberresford

Postby oberresford » Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:51 pm

damhooligan wrote:
Ozzie wrote:Hi Ecosse, looks like a bit of local interest so if anyone else is keen to hit the road lets meet next Saturday 30th weather permitting at Point Cook Town Centre. Look to do 50 or so km's at a pace suitable for all. 9.00 - 9.15am out the front of Degani Coffee Shop near the Coles shopping centre entrance. Hope to meet a few of you there. Regards Colin.

regards, johan

Hi Guys,

Sounds good Im up for Saturday at 9. Looking forward to a ride then :)

oberresford

Postby oberresford » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:06 pm

oberresford wrote:
damhooligan wrote:

regards, johan

Hi Guys,

Sounds good Im up for Saturday at 9. Looking forward to a ride then :)

Sorry Guys I cant make it tommorow after all.

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:41 am

Hi guys couple of us in Point Cook caught up today for a ride down to Willie for coffee and back. Trying to make it a regular fixture. Meet at 9.00am every Saturday Degani Coffee Shop Point Cook Town Centre near Coles entrance. Ride at a pace comfortable for all. Hope to see a few more of you next Saturday the 6th August. Cheers Colin.

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:46 am

Ozzie wrote:Hi guys couple of us in Point Cook caught up today for a ride down to Willie for coffee and back. Trying to make it a regular fixture. Meet at 9.00am every Saturday Degani Coffee Shop Point Cook Town Centre near Coles entrance. Ride at a pace comfortable for all. Hope to see a few more of you next Saturday the 6th August. Cheers Colin.
Sorry, I woke up late when I finnaly arrived, it was just me... :oops:
(did not have contact number either)

Ended up riding alone to willy and back..
A little windy, but very enjoyable.

Hope to join you guys next time. :wink:
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

Gyoza

Postby Gyoza » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi guys,

Is this ride also going ahead this Saturday? Would definitely be interested if it is.

Alternatively I'd also suggested a Werribee-Lara-Little River-Werribee South-Werribee ride over on another forum if anyone was interested.

Cheers

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:52 pm

Gyoza wrote:Hi guys,

Is this ride also going ahead this Saturday? Would definitely be interested if it is.

Alternatively I'd also suggested a Werribee-Lara-Little River-Werribee South-Werribee ride over on another forum if anyone was interested.

Cheers
Hey , this name sounds familiair... :D

I am planning of being there around 9am.
(but I can't garantee it at the moment..)
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi guys definately on if the weather looks good. If raining to bad in the morning I'll stay in doors. See you all then 9.00am Degani Coffee Shop. Colin.

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Evening all, 4 riders today good ride down to Willie for coffee and back for a shortened lap of the Werribee back beach. Comfortable 70km. For all who are interested same time next week 9.00 am sharp departure Saturday August 13th from Degani Coffee shop Point Cook Town Centre near Coles entrance. See you then. Colin.

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Ozzie wrote:Evening all, 4 riders today good ride down to Willie for coffee and back for a shortened lap of the Werribee back beach. Comfortable 70km. For all who are interested same time next week 9.00 am sharp departure Saturday August 13th from Degani Coffee shop Point Cook Town Centre near Coles entrance. See you then. Colin.
Yeah, i did not sleep in today... :D

The ride was good fun, defenatly up for another one.. :wink:
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi guys rides back on again this Saturday August 13th for those interested. Weather looks fine so a quick trip down to Williamstown for coffee and back will see us clock up 50km. Then if the legs are still good and anyones interested happy to do a lap or two of the Werribee back beach for another 20-40 km. As usual 9.00am sharp departure Degani Coffee Shop near the Coles entrance Point Cook Town Centre. Only ride as fast as the slowest person so dont paniac if your not Cadel Evans. See you there Colin.

ecosse

Postby ecosse » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:40 pm

See you there Colin. Are your mates turning up?
Ecosse (Don)

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Don unfortunately not he's working interstate not back till Monday. He assures me they will be out next weekend but lets wait and see. See you tomorrow. Colin.

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi guys, I'm keen for a ride again this Saturday 20th August if anyones interested. Same time same place 9.00 am sharp depart Degani Coffee Shop Point Cook Town Centre out front of Coles entrance. See you there Colin.

vman

Postby vman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

Keen to join this ride, I'm in Altona Meadows do you pass through on the way to Willi?
I could join in from there.

Ps. I'm no Cadel that's for sure!

Ozzie

Postby Ozzie » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi vman. Great stuff have 3 or more definates already for tomorrow. Leave Point Cook Town Centre at 9.00 am sharp head along Point Cook Road then right into Central Avenue at the McDonalds. So if you are somewhere near the Central Square Shopping Centre we can pull up near the Caltex there around quarter past. See you then Colin.

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Ozzie wrote:Hi vman. Great stuff have 3 or more definates already for tomorrow. Leave Point Cook Town Centre at 9.00 am sharp head along Point Cook Road then right into Central Avenue at the McDonalds. So if you are somewhere near the Central Square Shopping Centre we can pull up near the Caltex there around quarter past. See you then Colin.

Looks like the group is slowly growing.. 8)

shame I am working tomorow...
Have fun guys. 8)
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!