Tullamarine Airport

Tullamarine Airport

Postby ejayt » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:01 pm

Hey, yesterday I rode to the airport to test out the time I needed to ride there for my upcoming touring trip starting at the end of March. All worked out well!

I have another trip just up to Sydney to see the folks and thought perhaps it was possible to cycle to the airport and park a bike there, so I checked on the website and they say there are bike racks for pushbikes in the short stay carpark. http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/To-F ... rking.html

Has anyone used these? Unfortunately if I knew earlier, I would have checked the bay area but there's no pictures or anything. I'm wanting to know if it was possible at all to leave a bike there for a week or is it just for a couple of hours?
ejayt

by BNA » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 am

BNA

Re: Tullamarine Airport

Postby mjedw1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 am

They're just a basic steel hoop in the ground to lock a bike to. No cage or anything to put a bike inside. I probably wouldn't want to store one there for a long time.
mjedw1

Re: Tullamarine Airport

Postby ejayt » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

mjedw1 wrote:They're just a basic steel hoop in the ground to lock a bike to. No cage or anything to put a bike inside. I probably wouldn't want to store one there for a long time.

Cheers, unfortunately I've already left but it's good to know. Would be great to have an cheaper alternative to the skybus :) I'll try to get a photo of it when I return next week in case others are interested.
ejayt

Return to Victoria