Avanti inc3

Roager

Avanti inc3

Postby Roager » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:28 pm

I have an Avanti inc 3 on order from Smith St, and currently commute from Elwood to Collingwood on a Giant CRX-0. It is a great ride, nearly all cycle path, with a large part of it around the bay. I am looking for some current feedback on riding the inc-3, and also interested in opinions regarding how it will be different from the CRX? Has anyone ridden both? Is there anyone riding daily around the bay and into the city with advice, as I am new to this in 2013.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Roager

Re: Avanti inc3

Postby Roager » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

So either this is a dead forum or just know one is interested?

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Not sure why Roager, I personally hadn't noticed your post before today - perhaps being your first post it required approval.

Anyhows welcome to the forums.

There was plenty of love for the Avanti Inc 3 when it was first announced see Mmm tasty new Avanti

I know a few people on these forums have bought them & they have been obviously selling as no one seemed to have them in stock other than as an order, although 12 months later I think that has now changed.

Maybe those owners are too busy riding them rather than sitting behind a screen raving about them :D
Anything you can do, I can do slower

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Just got my Inc 2 today. Belt drive and hub = win.

Shiting takes a bit of getting used to as it shifts cleaner when coasting or light pedalling compared to regular gears which work better under load. The belt is bliss and no comlpaints. I didn't feel the need for more gears, so the alfine 11 on the Inc 3 (compared to my 8) should be enough for a city/urban commute.

My only gripe is the bars: They are not completely flat and are a too long for my liking - I understand this is the same bar for the inc 3. It's oversize diameter so you might have to order if the LBS doesn't have any. I might just do a chop job to fix this if I can't be bothered replacing the bar.

Tyres and all else are excellent. Very happy chappy here!

am50em

Postby am50em » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:31 pm

Calvin27 wrote: Shifting takes a bit of getting used to as it shifts cleaner ...
:shock:

Roager

Postby Roager » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:13 am

Thanks Guys.
I am collecting my inc3 on Monday, from Smith St, so it will be a fun ride home / comparison!