- Posts: 53
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:31 pm
- Posts: 234
- Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm
- Location: SE Melbourne, Australia
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 am
- Location: Lynbrook, Vic
There are probably 5 ways to find a ride:
1) ask at your local bike shop if they have a ride or if they know of one.
2) look at http://www.bunchridefinder.com.au/ for a ride that sounds suitable
3) look at the Bicycle Vic website, lots of rides are listed there e.g. https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/forum ... =16&t=3319
4) join a cycle club, they have regular training rides,
5) start your own group, decide when & where you want to ride and advertise for interested people.
I ride at 7am every Sunday starting in Narre Warren South or Lynbrook and ride to Mordialloc, Frankston, Tooradin or Emerald you are welcome to join me and my friend. Is 2 riders a bunch?
- Posts: 1354
- Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:36 pm
Dr.Nate wrote:From around the balwyn area ...but happy to drive somewhere eg beach rd etc
You don't drive to Beach Rd from Balwyn - you ride there. Balwyn to Mordiallocvia Kerford Rd and back is about 80kms.
"Riding not racing...."
- Posts: 371
- Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:27 am
There's always Yarra Blvd, Studley park Kew area, Eastern freeway bike path for a short local rides.
Else +1 cyclotaur.
You could always check out cycling profiles for some suggestions.
I try to pick one of these every now and then for some variety. I'm quietly trying to get through the whole list, its kind of a small bucket-list goal of mine.
Its my experience, most of these rides on weekends have enough cyclists grouping together creating bunches for you. introduce yourself and jump in.
- Posts: 1397
- Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm
- Location: West Gippy
Sent from a MacGalaxy far, far away...
- Posts: 2071
- Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:07 am
- Location: Molong
takeitasread wrote:It's not a weekend ride, but you could try the Maling Room Ride, which is popular and leaves from Canterbury each weekday.
+1 for this ride. I recommend joining the first group that leaves Ave Athol, Canterbury at 5.50am. Back by 7.30am at Maling Room for Coffee, although I generally skip the coffee and join the good conversation around the table.
The MRR will link you with many other rides that could take you all around Melbourne.
Kona Jake the Snake
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Cell Bikes
- Malvern Star
- Santa Cruz
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.