Cycle friendly accommodation in Victoria....

Postby thecaptn » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi people,
I always try to frequent businesses who bother to cater for us cyclists as it can only benefit all of us in the long run.
If you've you been impressed by cycle friendly accommodation, cafe, bike shop or other business while on holiday, please let us know so we can check them out too.
I'll go first,
Bright is one of the most popular destinations for cycling, be it road or MTB racing/festivals or recreational riding, I'd like to give a big thumbs up to the Big4 Bright Holiday Park for going the extra mile when it comes to providing for the visiting cyclist. Most of the cabins are brand new as well as the standard caravan park facilities like laundry, shower block and BBQ area. The park has a lovely atmosphere due to the beautiful trees and gardens, is close to the river and town centre, the staff are friendly and can't do enough for visitors, they let you keep your bikes in the cabin and they have this:
Undercover bike washing and maintenance area complete with work stands of different heights.

Also I'd like to mention the bike shop in Myrtleford, I found them very helpful.

Pete
thecaptn

by BNA » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 am

BNA

Postby warthog1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 am

Hey thanks for that. I'm going up for the alpine classic but may stop there next time. The accommodation is already booked.
I prefer cabins to motels anyway and it looks like they go the extra mile :)
warthog1

Return to Victoria