Incident with a wombat on MYT

Incident with a wombat on MYT

Postby anttismo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:00 pm

I was out for a loop on the main yarra trail early this morning... and I mean really early, well before 3am as is my want to do...

Anyway, humming along on the urban assualt pushie, dodging the rabbits and odd roo, when out of the bushes a wombat charges me. I thought I might slip by, but no luck, he clouted me pretty hard in the rear wheel, although I managed to remain upright. Grind to halt and I'd lost my rear derailer. I tend to carry a enough stuff to get me out of trouble, so I cut about 6 or 8" out of the chain and run it slowly the 30km home roughly in the middle of the casette. 2nd time I've lost a derailer in the last 12 months on this bike. this was perhaps between heidlberg and westerfold park, so pretty dark out there when you stop.

Made it home OK, bike also has a big buckle in the rear wheel, but not the worst result possible. So if you're out there, remember to add wombats to the list of night creatures to keep and eye out for :)
anttismo

by BNA » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

BNA

Re: Incident with a wombat on MYT

Postby cyclotaur » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:11 pm

How's the poor old wombat ?!

Sent from my iPhinger ...
Here's my blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding not racing...."
cyclotaur

Postby anttismo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Didn't see him again. By the time I stopped and looked back he off the trail and gone. Judging by the way they take on cars, he mightn't have even noticed me, lol.
anttismo

Postby djw47 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:01 am

In a battle between bike and wombat, my money would be on the wombat every time. Those fellas are built to last (unless they are hit by cars obv).
djw47

Return to Victoria