Kyneton / Police & Emergency games

Kyneton / Police & Emergency games

Postby GAV!N » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:47 am

Hi All,

I'm planning to venture down in April for the AP+E Games. The cycling events are held in Kyneton, which I gather is about 90km out of Melbourne CBD. Just wondering if anyway can give some advice about good places to stay down there? Am I better off staying in any other (bigger) nearby towns, and travelling? Any info would be great :D
Scott CR1 - 105 - Mavic Kyserium equippe
GAV!N

by BNA » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:05 am

BNA

Re: Kyneton / Police & Emergency games

Postby il padrone » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:05 am

There are about 6 hotels and a motel in Kyneton, plus a couple of B&Bs in town and 3-4 resort-style accomodation centres (B&B, cabins, camping) outside of town. No idea what their bookings would be like for this event, get in early I'd guess. The local caravan park has been closed down since 2010. Macedon Ranges area is fairly poorly served with caravan/camping facilities - they seem to be more focused on their property values and the big-end of the market. I have not stayed in any accommodation in Kyneton - it's more a 'stepping-off point' or lunch stop for our tours rather than a destination.

Nearby towns for accommodation would be Castlemaine (a fair bit available), Daylesford & Hpeburn (lots but likely to be more expensive), Woodend, and also Trentham. There's also the option of staying in Melbourne or Bendigo. If you wanted to use the train service Kyneton is only about an hour from either place using car, or the very good V'locity train service (usually hourly services through the day).
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Return to Victoria