Popular Bike Shops
Join the Cycling Forums on Strava
Australian Cycling Forums on Strava
Latest Reviews and Articles
Will your next bike be Intelligent? ABS and Smart Bike Tech
Vitus Vitesse EVO Disc Review – Speed Machine indeed!
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:30 pm
- Location: Camberwell - South Melb -
Anyone else's behind less than thrilled about the new(ish) joints on the YMT ramps?
Not sure of best way of sorting this out. A Joint complaint to... ?
- Mulger bill
- Super Mod
- Posts: 28904
- Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
- Location: Sunbury Vic
- il padrone
- Posts: 22931
- Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:57 pm
- Location: Heading for home.
Parks Vic trail designers and local council traffic planners have always been bicycle-blind. Been that way for over 30 years.
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."
- Posts: 12808
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
- Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney
Just lift the front and back over them and you'll be fine. Better still, bunny hop, learn some skillz.
They look no worse than the tree roots breaking up the hotmix on a few of my local shared paths.
Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk
- Posts: 10331
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:14 pm
- Location: deep in the pain cave
when i rang Parks Vic the guy said he had been made aware of it, agreed it was unsuitable and would be replaced, but added that cyclists "go too fast" along there. thanks mate..
those things you've pictured in this thread are pretty benign. as it's a pontoon - expansion joints are necessary and they can't practicably be made perfectly smooth.
- General Australian Cycling Topics
- Info / announcements
- Buying a bike / parts
- General Cycling Discussion
- The Bike Shed
- Cycling Health
- Cycling Safety and Advocacy
- Women's Cycling
- Bike & Gear Reviews
- Cycling Trade
- Stolen Bikes
- Bicycle FAQs
- Serious Biking
- Audax / Randonneuring
- Retro biking
- Fixed Gear/ Single Speed
- Electric Bicycles
- Dragsters / Lowriders / Cruisers
- Children's Bikes
- Road Racing
- Road Biking
- Time Trial
- International and National Tours and Events
- Cycle Touring
- Touring Australia
- Touring Overseas
- Touring Bikes and Equipment
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- South Australia
- Northern Territory
- Country & Regional
- The Market Place
- Member to Member Bike and Gear Sales
- Want to Buy, Group Buy, Swap
- My Bikes or Gear Elsewhere
- Cycling Brands
- Malvern Star
- Custom Builders
- Generic Carbon
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
About the Australian Cycling Forums
The largest cycling discussion forum in Australia for all things bike; from new riders to seasoned bike nuts, the Australian Cycling Forums are a welcoming community where you can ask questions and talk about the type of bikes and cycling topics you like.