Le tour Around the Bay

Le tour Around the Bay

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 pm

I've just registered for the 210km Sorrento option of the Around the bay in a day. I figure I'd set myself a challenge.

I'm currently an okay rider I guess; actually no; i'm a monster noob. Averaging 28-35km on my daily commute of 30km (15km eachway) at the moment. Obviously; 30km isn't 210km. And I'm pretty sure stamina and holding a good average for the entirity of the trip will be an issue. The longest ride I've done to date was Albury to Bright (111km) and that took me 6hours with a mate. We weren't used to such brutal hills.

Anyway; what I'm looking for is someone to ride/train with? I live in Melbourne's South Eastern suburbs; namely Chadstone.

I haven't really planned anything; but I'm looking at doing longer rides maybe 3x a week (30km one way) with one long ride on the weekend (Upto 100km).

So basically I'm looking for anyone interested in doing some long rides. Either just becuase; or in training themselves for ATB.

Alternatively; can anyone suggest what I should do instead?
"I've decided the worst thing about riding to work is that I have to stop riding and work." - thepj 18/09/08
Lance

by BNA » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:04 pm

BNA

Postby miss min » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I suggest you post on www.bv.com.au/forums for a buddy (ie bikes victoria)
miss min

Postby bowie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:23 pm

How's the Training going?

Excitted.. I am :twisted:
b is for bicycle :D
bowie

Re: Le tour Around the Bay

Postby JustinS007 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Lance wrote: The longest ride I've done to date was Albury to Bright (111km) and that took me 6hours with a mate. We weren't used to such brutal hills.

Hey, if you're up this way again I'll do a long ride with you (Wed, Fri, Sat or Sun). Last Saturday I rode Wangaratta to Mt Buffalo Chalet and return at ~24.5km/h (202.5km). Sounds slow, but 1000m climb from Porepunkah to Chalet and into the wind both ways plus a good-ish climb before the big hill and a short tough climb through Gapsted each way. My flat endurance pace is about 28-32km.

J.
I'm a runner, but I sure love to ride!
JustinS007

Postby Lance » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:48 am

bowie wrote:How's the Training going?

Excitted.. I am :twisted:

It's not going. :cry:
"I've decided the worst thing about riding to work is that I have to stop riding and work." - thepj 18/09/08
Lance

Return to Victoria