Road closures in rural areas for bike rides

fat and old

Re: Road closures in rural areas for bike rides

Postby fat and old » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Arbuckle23 wrote:Just be careful all

I feel otway may be searching for a bit of personal abuse to be shared around social media later to show what bunch of nasty people those "lycra types" are.

Why else would you bother to search out a cycling forum and try and provoke reactions.
I think you may be right. The Otway Community facebook page was open group when this started; I had a look at Otway's suggestion. Invite now. Sad....hiding behind a community that may well not all agree with the views of one person if that's the case.

vaypaz

Postby vaypaz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:16 pm

I agree something is suss with otways posting style and persistence.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:23 pm

Suss????? I just saw his response to my post on the info. He/she is right, they're dead ends.

But I'll tell you what, they were not yesterday. How would I have got that quote from the Apollo Bay community website, or have known what was on the Colac shire page? Why would I post them?

I think old mate has mates.....deserves a closer look I reckon.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm

fat and old wrote:Suss????? I just saw his response to my post on the info. He/she is right, they're dead ends.

But I'll tell you what, they were not yesterday. How would I have got that quote from the Apollo Bay community website, or have known what was on the Colac shire page? Why would I post them?

The links you posted have been cut off, that's why they appear dead. The URL is incomplete.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

otway

Postby otway » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:29 pm

fat and old wrote:
Arbuckle23 wrote:Just be careful all

I feel otway may be searching for a bit of personal abuse to be shared around social media later to show what bunch of nasty people those "lycra types" are.

Why else would you bother to search out a cycling forum and try and provoke reactions.
I think you may be right. The Otway Community facebook page was open group when this started; I had a look at Otway's suggestion. Invite now. Sad....hiding behind a community that may well not all agree with the views of one person if that's the case.
Now your making up fake news :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1177304 ... oup_header

It's a public group anybody can have a look about:
This Group
Description
Otway Community News is an open forum for people in the Otways to share community news free of charge. Such news could include announcements of local events, classifieds, employment advertisements, special announcements etc.

This is an open group that encourages free sharing of information. Anyone can join the group and post news to it. Otway Community News is intended to be free of editorial control, however offensive or slanderous posts may be removed by the administrators out of respect for the larger group.
The issue is not about bike riders on the ocean road it's about a big organisation behaving badly. Most people could not care less if it was a car rally or a running event it doesn't matter. Fact is it's a bicycle event and their behaviour reflects how people look upon the cycling community, might seem unfair and for the majority it is, but that doesn't change it.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 pm

queequeg wrote:
fat and old wrote:Suss????? I just saw his response to my post on the info. He/she is right, they're dead ends.

The links you posted have been cut off, that's why they appear dead. The URL is incomplete.
Hmmmm....anyway

Here,

https://www.apollobay.vic.au/apollo-bay ... gran-fondo

Apollo Bay site, 2017

http://www.colacotway.vic.gov.au/Upcomi ... Gran-Fondo

Colac shire site

Dunno what I did before? :lol:

There you go Otway :D

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:37 pm

otway wrote: Now your making up fake news :lol:
Yep, I can see it from that link. Cheers, same as last time. Still can't open it when I use search from my own facebook page, which is why I said so..

Have a nice day :D

road_warrior

Postby road_warrior » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:38 pm

otway wrote: The issue is not about bike riders on the ocean road it's about a big organisation behaving badly.
otway wrote: Your right, when I see a "bunch" of people in lycra together I'm pretty confident that they are !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! best to be avoided.
Dude.....

otway

Postby otway » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:39 pm

Nice :D a conspiracy theory? You do realize that one of the links I posted was to the one that was wiped off, http://www.colacotway.vic.gov.au/Upcomi there it is for you again.
Yous starting to tell a few untruths

otway

Postby otway » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:44 pm

fat and old wrote:
Yep, I can see it from that link. Cheers, same as last time. Still can't open it when I use search from my own facebook page, which is why I said so..

Really, I logged out of facebook and used the link, can see everything not even logged on.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:22 pm

otway wrote:
fat and old wrote:

Really, I logged out of facebook and used the link, can see everything not even logged on.
Maybe it recognises my name? :lol: :lol: Dunno champ. Your link works, no doubt. Public Group. Can't see when I'm logged into facebook though. Custom Group. Don't matter, have a nice day :D

Oh, on the links...check queequegs post and my reply. Linky works. 2017. :D

otway

Postby otway » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:35 am

fat and old wrote:
otway wrote:
fat and old wrote:

Maybe it recognises my name? :lol: :lol: :D
Been trolling there before have you?

I picked the wrong social media platform to get my message across, this forum is close to dead as are the posters. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:17 am

:lol: :lol:

So have you checked out the 2017 websites from your local community?

otway

Postby otway » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:38 am

fat and old wrote::lol: :lol:

So have you checked out the 2017 websites from your local community?

Na, I just posted here specifically to annoy you, as I know you need to get the last word in. :P

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:45 am

Thread dredge!!! :lol:

So Otway, how's the tourism going down there? Many people lining up to whine and demand public money to see them through? :lol:

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Interesting read :o :)

Still seems there are road closures.

https://amysgranfondo.org.au/amys-gran-fondo/

Key Information
Date: Sunday 13 September 2020
Start Time: 08:00am
Start Location: Mountjoy Parade, Lorne, Victoria, Australia
Distance: 130km
Format: Fully Closed Road Timed Recreational Ride
Start Groups: 18-20km/h, 21-25km/h, 26-30km/h, 30+km/h
Minimum Age: 16 years (Age at 13 September 2020)
Entries Close: Midnight Wednesday Prior to Event
Event Village Hours: Saturday 12 September 10:00am-4:00pm Sunday 13 September 7:00am-4:00pm
Dogs are the best people :wink: