Dandenong Ranges

Hildalgo

Dandenong Ranges

Postby Hildalgo » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:49 am

Please use extreme caution, especially when descending if you're planning on riding around the Dandenong Ranges. Due to flash flooding last week a tonne of gravel & debris has washed onto the roads from peoples driveways.

rodneycc

Re: Dandenong Ranges

Postby rodneycc » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:22 pm

Yeah its a bloody nightmare. Worst than winter. I tend to try and avoid those little sand and stone piles because underneath they have bits of glass in them that cause punctures. Problem is they are everywhere since the downpour and about impossible to ride in a straight line. Even the Dandy Creek path/Dorset Rd underpass is still flooded this morning, Every day I keep thinking it should be clear by now and get half way down and have to get off and turn back up and cross the road!
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

BJL

Postby BJL » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:01 pm

rodneycc wrote: Even the Dandy Creek path/Dorset Rd underpass is still flooded this morning, Every day I keep thinking it should be clear by now and get half way down and have to get off and turn back up and cross the road!
I rode into the city on NYE for the fireworks, thought the Dorset Rd underpass lighting was reflecting really well off the ground before I realized it was flooded and had an 'oh f**k' moment. Couldn't stop so I went through it. My feet copped it at the deep end. :oops:

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:38 am

That bit was flooded over a month ago when i rode under, think the drain must be blocked.