Mt Beauty/Fainters/Timms 3 day bikepack circuit (Labour Day Wkend)

Camminata13

Mt Beauty/Fainters/Timms 3 day bikepack circuit (Labour Day Wkend)

Postby Camminata13 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm

HI All,

As the titile says ill be bikepacking from Mt beauty via the fainters and back down to Mt beauty over 3 days enjoying the beauty of the high plains , if anyone is interested in joining me let me know???

Camminata13

Re: Mt Beauty/Fainters/Timms 3 day bikepack circuit (Labour Day Wkend)

Postby Camminata13 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Just completed this trip i recommend it to anyone looking for some back country solitude and some hard cycling and a bit of hiking!
Being an avid hiker for a few years now this was my first bike packing trip and ild say completing this route on foot would be much easier in my opinion.

I ended up leaving Melbs at 10am Friday morning and arriving at the Ropers Spur trailhead at 3:30pm, i had planned to complete this loop in 4 days but ended up doing it in 3 days. I joined the big hill firetrail after slogging it up Ropers trail and made my way towards Springs Saddle where i had planned to camp the night, arrived at 7pm knackered and could not see no saddle clearing to camp??!! either i was too knackered or just not looking hard enough, so i made a push to reach Bogong Jack Hut 5kms further up the mountain which i did not get in till 9pm, tucked into some dinner and crawled into bed, beautiful spot to camp by the way.

After admiring an awesome sunrise i broke camp at 8am for the slog up the Fainters and onto Tawonga Huts which was suppose to my 2nd nights stay but hence the push further up the hill on Friday i had plenty time to keep going further.
ended up getting into Ropers Hut around 4ish after some 30kms of hike and biking was happy to have a relaxing afternoon and refuel the body.
Headed off sunday down Timms Spur which was downhill the whole way and linking back to my car at Ropers Lookout with a great sense of achievement and a nice drive back to Myrtleford for a well earned burger and chips. :D :D

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:35 am

Nice! Still planning on riding this too, though over two days...

Camminata13

Postby Camminata13 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:53 pm

dalai47 wrote:Nice! Still planning on riding this too, though over two days...

awesome you must be very fit!!? :D