Groups in Frankston

*Daisy*

Groups in Frankston

Postby *Daisy* » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:56 pm

New to Melbourne looking for a bunch - Group rides starting Frankston - where when level?
Regards Daisy
___o
*`\<
(*) (*)

Hildalgo

Re: Groups in Frankston

Postby Hildalgo » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 am

On the weekends, you'll get tens of thousands of riders riding Beach Road, and riders of all abilities will do the ride. Its easy to jump onto a group, and ride to the city and back. Most of the groups ride early mornings from 5:00 am onwards.

Sorry but don't know any specific groups from Frankston.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:54 am

it's not really the done thing to jump onto groups without permission. some, like the Hell Ride, are open groups and you can do that. others are organised clubs or friends and won't necessarily welcome you. an option is to ask permission. do not ever jump into the middle of a group you don't know.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:42 pm

The shop I'm in, Jones Cycles, on the corner of Nepean Hwy & Ross Smith Ave, has a ride to Black Rock & back, departing at 7:00 every Saturday. Level would be considered intermediate. You're unlikely to meet me on it though, because I prefer mountain biking.

There is also what I refer to as the Porky's ride, because it departs from the La Porchetta restaurant directly over the road from us, 6:00pm every Wednesday.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.