Linking the Hallam Valley Trails

markdem

Linking the Hallam Valley Trails

Postby markdem » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster with a odd ball question.

How many people around here would be interested in trying to get the Dandenong counsel to link the 2 Hallam Valley Trails (I think that is what they are called) via the flood basin.
The idea would be to start the new track at the end of the Northern existing track at the intersection of Progress St and Princess Hwy. (145.2350329598451,-38.00141666666666). There already is a crossing there so nothing would need to happen.
The track would then contine south via the drain untill it hits the train track, crosses the existing bridge, over the tracks (that would then put the trail on the correct side of the drain) then south via the flood basin. It would then turn east before Waterview Close, unter the freewal and finaly join to the existing trail at K M Reedy Reserve. Only about 4 KM in total.
Just this 4K is all that is left for there to be a great circuit via Berwick.

I know what you are all thinking, "This will never happen". Is it even worth trying? I was thinking if a large number of people put there weight behind the idea, maybe the counsel would consider it.

What do you think?

Dcyclist

Re: Linking the Hallam Valley Trails

Postby Dcyclist » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:51 pm

I would certainly be interested, my commute home currently follows the Hallam Valley trail from Hallam Rd. to Narre Warren - Cranbourne Rd. It would also be great if the Dandenong Bypass trail could be linked to the proposed route, as it currently dumps you onto the very busy South Gippsland Highway.
Dave
Merida Scultura 5000
Bianchi C2C Via Nirone

markdem

Postby markdem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:27 am

That's the idea. It is also my commute to work. I can get all the way from Berwick to Moorabbin Airport on off road paths or bike lanes exept for the 3km of South Gippsland Highway.

The path could then easily be extended to link to the Dandenong bypass via the land that has been reserved for the road link. (Next to the caravan park).

I guess I have nothign to lose but a bit of time. I might give the cousal a call and see how it goes..

markdem

Postby markdem » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:14 pm

Unbelievable. Rang up and actually got someone that knew what is going on.

See here - https://yoursay.melbournewater.com.au/d ... ring-creek

It is a shame that I missed the initial meeting about this but the bike trail is on the list.
I would be happy if this got on the way in the next few years.. Here is me hoping.

briedis

Postby briedis » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:14 am

I would also really like to see them connect Hallam Valley trail with the Dandenong Bypass Trail, especially now with the new Djerring rail trail. It would mean bike paths a fair way into a CBD commute. The 3km section on the highway is very dangerous during peak hour, but there are no other options at present unfortunately.

Can you post any details of what the councils plans are? That link no longer seems to be working.