Details of a group ride Gold Coast QLD

Details of a group ride Gold Coast QLD

Postby colafreak » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:21 am

Hi All,

There's a group that leave from Lands End bridge at around 5.45 every day and I've heard they take a particular route for each day.

Anyone have any idea who they are or what rides they do on what days? Is it a particular team or is it OK to just rock up and go with them?

Thanks
colafreak

by BNA » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:10 pm

BNA

Postby MountGower » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:10 pm

G'day

Try sending user "inaminit" a PM about this incase he doesn't see your question. He will probably know the answer.
MountGower

Postby Moz » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Hmmm this I would be interested in. I live at Paradise Point.
Moz

Postby inaminit » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:11 am

Gday Guys, just replied to Colafreak's message.

I havent heard about the Lands End Bridge group, but will ask around and see if I can find anything out about it or any other group rides on the northern Gold Coast. I'll ask next Sunday at racing and let you know.

I'm based at Currumbin, so most of my group rides leave from the northern end of the Burleigh SLSC (across the road from the new pub/hotel) Tues, Wed, Thurs 5:30 start, other days 6:00am, the routes vary from day to day, anyone's welcome and we have rides to suit all comers from beginner through to experienced. depending on numbers the group will usually split shortly after the start into faster/slower etc. The rides are usually anywhere from 30km to 60km+ depending on the day/group & finish back at burleigh fro coffee.

There are also other groups leaving burleigh at 5:45, 6:00 and 7:00 most days but not sure of their routes or if they are open to anyone.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB
inaminit

Postby colafreak » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:01 am

Just wanted to bump this one. There must be quite a few Gold Coasters on here, and someone may know something...

Haven't had a chance to try to meet up with them and find out yet.
colafreak

Postby muggah » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:11 am

Just thought I'd chime in and say I haven't heard of that one either - mind you the spit is as far north as I ride.
09 EMC2 Equip Elite
10 Scott Spark 40
muggah

Postby Moz » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:20 pm

I have just heard that there is a group that goes from the Woolworths at Coomera on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 545am. Not sure about any other details, sorry.

Joe that works at Pradise Road Cycles at Paradise Point is looking to start regular weekday rides. When he has some numbers sured up he will start. I will post more when I know.
Moz

Postby inaminit » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 am

Unfortunately I havent been on the bike since last Tuesday, so havent had a chance to ask anyone about the northern rides. Should be catching up with a few guys this Sunday from up there so will ask the question then.
Anthony
08 Avanti Quantum Team
LeMond Tourmalet
Giant Kronos
Trek 4300 MTB
inaminit

Return to Queensland