Police Blitz on Cyclists

Re: Police Blitz on Cyclists

Postby Davey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:49 am

Or like when they walk 4 astride hand in hand on a shared footpath.
Davey

by BNA » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 am

BNA

Postby im_no_pro » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:16 am

Davey wrote:And if they want all bikes to have a warning device why aren't they equipped by law? Probably cause they look crap.
<snip>

Any new bike sold for the purpose if riding on the road (i.e. not track bike) should have an appropriate warning device fitted/supplied (which will virtually always be a bell). Doesnt meet Australian standards if it doesn't and theoretically shouldn't be sold. Same goes for brakes/reflectors etc
master6 wrote: Moderators are like Club Handicappers; I often think they are wrong, but I dont want the job.
im_no_pro
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Davey » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:35 am

What if you have back brakes, like on an old style bmx. I wonder if these are accepted. I hear alot of fixies ride w/o brakes and use backpedalling or something to slow down. How does that work? wouldn't want to be anywhere too hilly.
Davey

Postby Mulger bill » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Dopey peds are a menace, had to ride 'round Melb CBD today, lost count of redmen :roll: News reports mentioned one dead somewhere because he didn't look, then coming home this arvo Riddell Rd's blocked off, by the look of things, another Darwin candidate on legs. Really wonder how it aint a couple dozen a day nation wide.

Shaun
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Previous

Return to Queensland