bush touring & camping

bush touring & camping

Postby midnight.tag » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:36 am

Are there any QLD cycling clubs, groups or associations out there that cater to the rider interested in bush touring and camping? I'm keen to hook up with any clubs doing overnight or multi-day trips on rail trails, forestry roads, fire trails, even the Bicentennial National Trail. Some kind of bush touring/camping, packing your gear in on the bike. The MTB clubs are more inclined to single track without the camping and the Touring clubs more inclined to road touring. Guess I'm after something between the two. Any info much appreciated.
Cheers
Midnight
midnight.tag

by BNA » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm

BNA

Re: bush touring & camping

Postby MountGower » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:22 pm

G'day

I do rides in the Brisbane Forest Park on Saturday mornings if your interested. As for the type of riding in your post, there will no doubt be some contact details at www.bbta.org
MountGower

Re: bush touring & camping

Postby midnight.tag » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Hi Ya
Yeah, I've already been on to the bbta but they don't actually do much in the way of bush touring, just an occasional day trip on a rail trail.
I ride out at BFP & places like Bunya, Daisy Hill & the Noosa trails (the easy ones anyway) but I am really after the wilderness camping kind of deal. Having said that, I am always happy to join up with other riders so throw me some details re. Sat a.m. at BFP.
Thanks
Midnight
midnight.tag

Return to Queensland