Looking for Retro bike - Gold Coast/Brisbane

Sarahgoesretro

Looking for Retro bike - Gold Coast/Brisbane

Postby Sarahgoesretro » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi. I am looking for a retro looking bike to buy on the Gold Coast. Loving the KRONAN and VELORBIS style bikes but would prefer to test ride them before buying - finding that all the dealers are in Melbourne. Also love all the bikes from the Indianbicycleshop. Does anyone have any experience with any of these bikes....because if it comes to it, I will buy online. Any suggestions?? Also need to put a babyseat on the back. Any help with what baby seat would suit this type of bike. Helmet suggestions would be great too. Thanks :D

the_raphael

Re: Looking for Retro bike - Gold Coast/Brisbane

Postby the_raphael » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:19 pm

Hi,
I'm in Melbourne, but I've got one of the ladies' bikes from the Classic Bike Shop (indianbicycleshop.com.au).
They're really awesome. Heavy, but steady, solid and beautiful to look at. They even come with their own little toolkit and they have a pump attached to the bike!
But at the moment I'm selling mine because we own too many bikes.
It's almost worth coming to Melbourne for a little holiday with all the cool bike retailers we have. Kronans are awesome too. Feel similar to the classic bike shop type but they are much more expensive cos they're imported. The classic bicycles are built in Australia even though the parts come from overseas.