Bikeway diversions at Toombul around Airport Link

rhancock

Bikeway diversions at Toombul around Airport Link

Postby rhancock » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:45 pm

Thinking about taking the kids in the trailer out to Shorncliffe, so I was wondering if the bikeway has been diverted around the Airport Link works near Toombul shopping centre? I'll be getting the train to Eagle Junction, into Kalinga Park to Toombul then out towards Nudgee Road: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/351676

Cheers, Richard

Max

Re: Bikeway diversions at Toombul around Airport Link

Postby Max » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:39 am

The short answer is yes. At Kalinga Park, there's a sharp left turn towards the back of the park (just past some small buildings next to the path), which goes over a wooden bridge. This goes around through to the back of the Toombul shopping centre. You'll need to dismount to cross the road (Widdop St, I think) to get onto the Moreton Bay Cycleway, which will take you to Nudgee.

:)
Max
One of the best things about bicycle commuting is that it can mitigate the displeasure of having to go to work. - BikeSnobNYC
Cycling is sometimes like bobbing for apples in a bucket full of dicks. - SydGuy

1st XV

Postby 1st XV » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:03 am

What Max said.....be wary that Widdop St can be very busy, especially with the roadworks, but they have put in place a small ped island in the middle of the road, so u should be ok with the little ones in a trailer. Not wanting to scare u off, but i saw 2 red bellied black snakes last week further up the path. They seemed to hear me early enough and got off the path well before i reached them.

rhancock

Postby rhancock » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Thanks for the help. As long as its navigable with the trailer we'll take it easy across the roads.

I'll look out for the beasties!