Mt Neebo Australia Day Ride

Pax

Mt Neebo Australia Day Ride

Postby Pax » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:57 am

Apparently this is becoming a bit of a "tradition" so I am wondering if anyone on the forum is going to do it.

The ride departs Toowong Library at 6am Australia Day and heads to Mt Neebo, people join in along the way too of course.

It isn't an organised ride and there is the whole spectrum of riders (so I am told), with elite hammering at the front and normal people spread through the bunch as per their ability. Story is that there were 80 - 100 people last year and other bunches on the road too. Sinds like fun.

After the reality check of my weekend ride up Nebo and Glorious with Winnona, I have realised just how much hill training I ned to do to get back into shape so I am going to do it.

Anyone else doing it??

xerubus

Re: Mt Neebo Australia Day Ride

Postby xerubus » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:47 am

Too much for me just yet, but bring on next year. Good luck.. that should be a cracker of a ride.
Mark
Scott Speedster S20
http://www.markcrossphotography.com <-- Happy snaps.
http://www.mogozobo.com <-- My blog.

goneriding

Postby goneriding » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:10 pm

I did it last year. It was great to have so many people doing the climb as there were plenty of people to chase. I think I did a personal best on the day.

I won't be there this year. Have fun!

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 pm

There are a few from Duttons Club doing it but since I did Mt Mee on Sunday I am doing a nice flat 100kms along the bay instead.

5.30 am depart from North Lakes Night Owl if you want a easier ride.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

Pax

Postby Pax » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 pm

Dave R32 wrote:There are a few from Duttons Club doing it but since I did Mt Mee on Sunday I am doing a nice flat 100kms along the bay instead.

5.30 am depart from North Lakes Night Owl if you want a easier ride.

Cheers
Dave.
Much as I'd probably enjoy a flat ride better after the Hills on Saturday, I can't afford a flat ride :roll: , seriously have to get into hills hills hills or Sea to SUmmit in March is going to kill me :( .

I've just joined Duttons, but not too likely to do any club rides until after Sea to summit too, but hopefully we will meet up there sometime

Tim

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Pax wrote:
Much as I'd probably enjoy a flat ride better after the Hills on Saturday, I can't afford a flat ride :roll: , seriously have to get into hills hills hills or Sea to SUmmit in March is going to kill me :( .

I've just joined Duttons, but not too likely to do any club rides until after Sea to summit too, but hopefully we will meet up there sometime

Tim
No worries have a great day out.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

Lark2004

Postby Lark2004 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm

Sorry to say I'm not doing any riding tomorrow....
I'm going to Bribie Island with my family and my parents and relaxing.... :D
Andrew

Pax

Postby Pax » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:40 pm

Well, I did the ride as did Winnona Rider.

There wasn't the huge bunch that was expected at the Toowong library, infact only about 20 - 25...all pretty experienced looking riders who set a pretty tough pace.

However there were heaps of people on the hill so lots of oter groups to hook up with once I was dropped by the original group (I've seriously got to lose weight!! Pulling an extra 10 kg uphill isn't great :oops: ).

Great ride up to Nebo then Glorious. Not much traffic and what there was seemed to give good space to the riders (as far as I saw anyway).

Great way to start Australia Day. Will definitely do this again next year.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm

Pax wrote:Well, I did the ride as did Winnona Rider.

There wasn't the huge bunch that was expected at the Toowong library, infact only about 20 - 25...all pretty experienced looking riders who set a pretty tough pace.

However there were heaps of people on the hill so lots of oter groups to hook up with once I was dropped by the original group (I've seriously got to lose weight!! Pulling an extra 10 kg uphill isn't great :oops: ).

Great ride up to Nebo then Glorious. Not much traffic and what there was seemed to give good space to the riders (as far as I saw anyway).

Great way to start Australia Day. Will definitely do this again next year.
Sounds like a great day out.....next year I am in for sure.

Cheers
Dave.